Chapter 7 - Parakeets and Pastries

I felt that the four Countries I had trained with had taken a liking to me.

It was surprising, considering all the people I had trained with in the German army camp always gave me side-eyes and giggles behind their mouths. The Countries didn't do that, though America was like a bratty best friend.

" 'No problem, beauty,' " I griped, mimicking America's voice as I absentmindedly sat under a balcony railing with my legs swinging over the edge. " 'Thanks, beauty,' - what's that guy's addiction with the word beauty? Ugh, just stop using it and maybe I'll stop being too sassy with you."

It had been a few days after my first training session with Ame, Canada, Aussie and Kiwi. I was getting along with the officers and militia here, they were a lot nicer than some bitches I can mention.

I guess I also improved in practicing my magic. Now I could kind of master the basics of summoning the magic into a ball and shooting it in guided bursts, and control the magic I put into my spear.
Sometimes America had to step in when I lost control of the energy-magic mini cannonballs I was practicing with, so most sessions ended with Ame and me on the ground, him having leaped into magic crossfire to tackle me to the ground to avoid the magic cannonballs from bashing our heads in.
And I admit that, sometimes his face was a little too close for comfort. And my own face visibly blushed when this happened.

So yeah.

The balcony I was on had a great view of the HQ training grounds from where I was sitting. I could see Britain and France, both in military attire, directing a few dozen troops into formation. It was a bright, slightly blustery morning, the wind just enough to rustle my clothes.

Britain looked up and saw me watching him and France. He waved and beckoned me down. I showed him a thumbs up and went back into my room to go downstairs.
As I passed my spear that was on my bed, it started to glow even though I wasn't channeling any magic through it. It floated up by itself, and positioned itself to my right, a tip pointed at the open window.

Perplexed, I gripped the spear by the handle and it shot out of the window and into open air, dragging my screaming ass with it.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!" I shrieked as I clung onto the spear with one hand, trying with all my might not to fall and be splattered on the gravel-lined ground far below.

Everyone saw me, all right. Astonished gasps sounded from the soldiers and generals below as they stared up at me zooming towards Britain and France, dropping altitude every second. But just as I was about to hit the ground, I got my other hand on the spear and gave it a wrench upwards.

The spear shot up almost vertically, and another shrill scream ripped out of my mouth.

"Y/N!" Britain shouted. "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"YEP!" I bellowed back, still swinging slightly. I had figured out how to control this new skill that the spear had shown me, I just needed a bit of concentration.

The energy-magic in the spear was the thing that kept the spear aloft and shooting forward, like a type of fuel. All I had to do was grab hold of it and tilt it in the direction I wanted to go.

I managed to turn the spear and send it shooting towards Britain. One tiny thing - it was going too fast. And I had no idea how to stop it.

"BRITAIN? FRANCE? UH - INCOMING!"

Soldiers and generals hurriedly moved out of the way as my crazy glittery spear made a beeline straight to the Countryhumans.

They somehow weren't deterred in the slightest as I shot towards them. France called to me.