Chapter 6 - Fire

I somehow made my way to the training room that was supposed to be the place where I honed my skills for the next few weeks after checking that my belongings were safely sent to my room.
My cheeks were still pink from my interaction with Germany, but I couldn't have cared less about my appearance right now.

It made me blush inside just thinking it. Germany likes me?

I didn't know how to react. No one had ever liked me before and I had no experience in any of this-

    He's just saying goodbye, dimwit, that voice argued again.
    But this time he said a lot of heartfelt words, I shot back. That has to mean something, right?

The voice was silent for a moment, then it piped up again.

    Suit yourself. Not gonna bother in your love life anymore-

I clamped down the voice, irritated as fuck.

Canada and New Zealand were already there, setting up pieces of equipment and such. They waved cheerily at me as I entered. I waved back and plopped down onto a bench.

The Countries finished setting up the equipment and Canada sat next to me, watching as I struggled to wrap training bandages around my right arm and hand. They were supposed to help me as I did certain fighting and defense moves, according to Britain, but I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to put them on.

"Here - give me your hand," Canada said as he took the messy roll of training bandages and started to skillfully wrap my hand and arm with it. Small butterflies fluttered around in my stomach as he handled my arm.

"You're very deft with this kind of thing," I said, and grumbled. "Now I feel useless." Canada laughed softly.

"You won't be in that mood for long, we'll get started after America and Australia arrive." He finished wrapping both of my arms in training bandages, excused himself and walked away to fetch another roll of training bandages for him and New Zealand.

The door banged open and Australia barreled in, America's sunglasses clutched in one fist. The frantic owner of the sunglasses was right behind him, cheeks pink from running after Australia. He swiped unsuccessfully at his glasses, and Australia whirled it out of reach once more. He tossed the sunglasses to New Zealand, who shrieked, fumbled with the glasses and took off around the room, with Ame in hot pursuit.

    "Does this happen often?" I asked Canada, who was watching the whole scene with half a disgruntled expression and the other a wry one.

    "Only when America comes to visit. Usually they're much more quiet." I resumed watching the cacophonous chaos rapidly unfolding in the training room.

Ame being shorter than his siblings was having a hard time trying to reach his most prized possession. New Zealand tossed the sunglasses back to Australia, who madly danced out of America's grip, cackling. The cursed monkey in the middle game made its way in front of me, and good ol' Kiwi threw the sunglasses to me.

    "Catch, Y/n!"

I grinned evilly and joined the cursed game.

We tumbled and whirled out of America's grabbing range for a few more minutes before we all collapsed with tiredness.

    "You-" America pointed at Aussie, Kiwi and me with a disgruntled expression. "And you, and you - are absolute jackasses." I got up and knelt in front of his head.

    "This chase is payback for calling me 'beauty'." I dropped the sunglasses onto his face. He snatched them, jammed them back on and gave me a smug, shit eating grin.