Real / Pretend

Eiai Nano.

Pure definition of cool and beautiful mixed together. Silver hair and sharp red eyes, a body that any boy, man, and human would for for.

A perfect girl with perfect scores in school.

Despite this, she seems emotionless.

*Cough* Like in one of my stories- *Cough*

...Anyways, despite everything, she seems emotionless. So because of this, it looks like Nano isn't capable to fall in love.

It's as if she's an artificially intelligent robot.

An AI.

...Wait... AI... Eiai...

...*Puts his hands on his head in shock* Oh my god! *Leans back* I get it! I had a feeling there was something behind that last name!

"..."

*Drops his hands to the side* Why didn't I realize this earlier?!

"Probably because you pronounced her name as in 'Ay-uh'-"

SHUT THE FUCK UP, DEXTER-

*Static Sound*

We're back, sorry about the author. He's slow but he's got spirit.

So as I was saying, as what any artificial intelligence, their purpose is not to fall in love at all.

"..."

At least, that's what everyone thought about for Nano as they were trying to process the scene in front of them.

The very same girl that expresses little to no emotion or love, holding hands with another individual who was deep in their thoughts.

That person was Y/n L/n.

With his s/c hand holding her's, his thoughts were knee deep as his e/c eyes stared forward and down, walking with Nano towards the entrance of the school.

"Y/n L/n..."

"..."

"...Y/n L/n..."

"...Huh?"

Suddenly, he snaps away from his thoughts momentarily. "Is something wrong, Nano?"

"Your hand..."

He glances down at his hand and figured out that he was no longer locking it up with Nano's. "Oh... Sorry..." he apologized solemnly before taking it back into his and continued to walk in silence.

"...Is something wrong, Y/n L/n?" Nano notices his awfully quiet behavior as he goes to wave it off. "No... Just... zoning out..."

"..."

He does it again as Nano took a quick and efficient opportunity to kiss Y/n on the cheek. His eyes widens and turns to Nano who stared at him with pink tints on her cheeks. "Does that help?"

Remembering what she did, he blushed as well. It satisfied her that the results were efficient and good, bumping her shoulder into his to limit the space between them. "Anyways, do you need another study session? The mock tests are around the corner..."

Y/n nods softly. "I do... Where should we-"

"At my house..."

"Your house? Isn't it a little more efficient to be at the library?"

"We're studying at my house..."

"...Alright then..." Y/n gives in, wondering why Nano would choose her own home over a place that was more efficient. But he brushes it off, they changed their shoes together and head to class and as soon as the bell ring when they entered, Nano pecked Y/n on the cheek. "I'll see you at lunch, Y/n L/n..."

"Y-Yeah... Me too, Nano..." they part to their desks that were miles away in the class as Y/n sat behind his classmate and friend, Rentaro.

He leans back towards Y/n, "How did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Make Nano your girlfriend?"

"That's what you're worried about? You're not worried how you managed to get three girlfriends all at the same time?"

"Yeah but... isn't she an AI?"

Y/n gave Rentaro a "Really?" face, "You're seriously going to believe everything that everyone says? She looks human, she functions like a human perfectly, she reacts to pain like a human, why would you believe she would be an AI if everything checks-"

Thwack!

"Yeowch!"

"Quiet, Y/n! We're starting class!" The teacher hits the object that he used to discipline Y/n on her hand, a rolled up book as Y/n rubs the top of his head. "Sorry, sensei..." he apologized before the teacher went to start the lesson.

Y/n, however, went back into his thoughts like before.

...Rentaro's right... How was that even possible? I mean, the circumstances we started out wasn't supposed to continue to like this now... If Nano really is an AI, I guess computers can adapt to have feelings...

...

"Y/n L/n..."

The scene takes place a month ago, Y/n glanced up from his desk, pausing himself from packing his stuff up to go home. "Nano?"

He finds a silver haired girl facing him, curious that a girl leagues above her and smarts greater was approaching someone so average like Y/n. He wonders why Nano was here.

"...Will you be my boyfriend to suffice my father?"

"...What?"

That left Y/n confused.

A boyfriend for Nano? And the sole purpose to satisfy her father? This was an awfully interesting yet weird reason. Whether this was a good or a bad thing, Nano takes a deep breath.

"My father has bothered me whether I had a boyfriend or not for the past few years... Recently, I told him I did have one despite not having one, hoping he'd leave me alone... Apparently, I've made the situation worse and now he wants to meet this 'boyfriend' that I have..."

"...What an explanation..."

She nods softly. "So will you be my 'boyfriend'?"

"...But... why me?"

"I know you are the perfect candidate to this lie..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"..."

Nano only stayed silent, expecting no answer from her as the boy sighs softly.

"...Fine... I'll do it..."

"Excellent... Escort me home..."

"Okay..." Y/n answers Nano as he packs his bag up with any remaining papers and school utensils to bring home and followed Nano side by side out of school.