Chapter 25 - 10, 9, 8...

NOTE: LIMITED LIFE SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT
ALSO NOTE, TO FIT W/ THE STORYLINE, I'M REWRITING A SMALL AMOUNT OF THE LORE IN THE WINNER'S EP. SINCE SOME OF IT DOESN'T WORK WELL

TW: References to death, Possession/derealization, Trauma, Threats / Violence, Incredibly slight gore

POV: Martyn (Limited Life) - New POV what dis? :D

10... 9... 8...

Time was running short...

7... 6...

The sand was falling...

5... 4...

No one else to sacrifice...

3... 2...

This was it.

1...

"Goodbye." Martyn sighed, and smiled at the sky.

He closed his eyes. He knew it would happen again, it always happened again. No one believed him. He knew the people who died would come back for this cruel cycle of life and death...

0.

He opened them, expecting to see everyone in another circle. Expecting brief peace before chaos and death. But instead, the wasteland surrounded him... "Did-"

"Martyn! Come, quick-" A voice spoke. "I'll get you out, you have to get out- Oh primals they're gonna kill me for this..."

"Hold on a minute, who exactly are you?" He stepped back. He should be dead. Did he break the cycle? Was this where the victors stayed?

"Please, we don't have TIME!" The voice seemed desperate, although a bit irritated.

"Time." He chuckled. "Time, how funny it is." The corners of his vision darkened as he spoke, his consciousness fading slightly. "Ticking away... One grain after another... All of it stolen from the clock that ticks our life away..."

"Anddd you're insane. Just what I needed!" They sounded vaguely sarcastic, and he could practically hear the eye roll in that statement. "Okay, please, just follow me... There's a portal. Go to world spawn. You're close, but just... go there. Please." The voice seemed to have resigned themselves to Martyn's apparent insanity - Fair. He wasn't exactly all there, mentally.

The darkness clouding his mind flickered and dissipated. "And.. Why should I trust you, oh mystery voice in the sky?" He commented, cracking a grin.

"You really don't have a choice." The being paused. "I mean if you wanna stay here-"

"Fair, I do not." Martyn nodded, and began to walk towards the spawn.

A nether portal sat there, swirling with magenta light. He took a deep breath. All for nothing. The worst thing is this repeats again...

He couldn't die anyway.

He'd just wake up in the next life.

Again.

And again.

He breathed in, and stepped through the portal...

Letting the swirling magenta light swallow him.

~+~

His eyes adjusted to a cavern. This was not what he had expected. He pulled up his sleeve, looking at the timer. It was still resting at 00:00, and the gray coloration of the tattoo-like marking was slowly taking on a purple shimmer.

Well, that was interesting. He released the sleeve, allowing it to fall against his arm. He turned on his heel, looking at where he came from. Behind him, a stretching, swirling magenta light stretched, similar to the portal he went through. It could possibly be two way... if he wanted to return.