Chapter 2 - Imagine killing your best friend couldn't be Grian

TW: Gaslighting, Slight de-realization, Gore, Death, Attempted Suicide (What were you expecting- This is the life series after all)

POV: ThirdLife!Grian

"I'M SORRY SCAR-" A scream tore out from his lungs as Scar collapsed onto the sand, items spilling out of his inventory. The corpse remained.  Scar was Perma-death. Gone.

"Oh... This doesn't feel good..." He whispered. He'd won. He felt like he should feel victorious, or at least feel grief... But he felt numb from shock..

He looked at his bloody hands, at the corpse of his friend... It just didn't feel real. Life felt fuzzy, almost dream-like, too distorted, too unlikely to be real. It couldn't be real. But the fuzziness faded as the shock did, and the reality set in. He was alone. He'd just killed Scar, his best friend, and Scar was never. Coming. Back.

Tears flowed down his face. He'd wanted to protect Scar, but the dumb so called 'game' made him kill his best friend... He deserved this. He closed his eyes, running at the edge of the cliff. He tried to fall, To lose his final life, but something held him up. He opened his eyes, wondering why the impact hadn't ripped his life from his body, why he was still alive.

Instead of on the ground, he was hovering in the air. Violet light shined around him, holding him aloft, dangling him above the sand dunes of the place he and Scar had called home.

"Congratulations Grian. You have won the game." An imposing being flew in front of him, weaving violet fire between their fingers. The humanoid creature had almost claw-like hands, violet skin, far too many eyes, a mask over where their two eyes should be, with a symbol of a broken rectangle imprinted on it, and shortly cut black hair. It tilted it's head.

"Was it worth it? You could have lived in peace, but you killed people. You were on green. Yet people died from that explosion. Three in fact. They all met their end. We didn't do anything, you all tore each other apart. And one of you was going to leave. Yet instead of sacrificing yourself, you killed Scar. His blood is on your hands."

"If you care that much, let me join him!" He screamed at the being, wanting to be free, yet they simply smiled tauntingly at him.

"I'm sorry, I cannot allow that." The being smiled, lowering him to the ground. "It'll be far more interesting to watch other things that may happen if you're left alive. Besides, the contract states the victor must remain alive until the specific date is met."

The fire slowly pulled him down to the sand dunes. With a elegant bow, the being vanished, leaving Grian alone.

Alone was terrifying. He'd never been alone since... He couldn't even remember. He was always with Scar, or at least someone else.

The silence was deafening. Grian slumped onto the ground, crying as memories danced in his mind...
He'd cost Scar all of his lives... He shouldn't have played that prank, should have warned him before he fell into the ravine, shouldn't have agreed to fight him...
It was all his fault wasn't it? He shouldn't have let the server be divided like that... He should have stopped Scar, he shouldn't have gone along, he shouldn't have set those traps - even if none of them worked... He had been a green life!

Yet he tried to kill everyone! Sure, He was doing Scar's bidding but... He should have stopped Scar, stopped him from embracing the bloodlust of the red name.

~+~

He'd walked along the lands for days, and knew for sure he was alone, but nowhere was safe. You couldn't escape your thoughts, your memories. He'd never been alone for this long... He wished Scar was still there, sitting next to him, even if Scar had been murderous, and kept stealing everyone's clothes. He just wanted to be with Scar, to just feel safe again. To feel emotional stablity.