Accidental Fame Ch. 5

5. ALY

California had been Treating me good. I was getting used to the city life and I made several friends. Each day I'd try to Skype with Ian but the time difference and our busy schedules. It was hard to communicate with him. I really did miss him. His hazel eyes and black hair, pretty smile.

I constantly wondered what he was up to and if he was missing me as much as I missed him.

I felt horrible for not trying hard enough to reach him. Most of the time I was working and then I usually slept.

Today was different though, it was my welcoming party at my town house. I was nervous and excited.

I woke up early to get my morning coffee at Starbucks. I waited in line. It was packed.

I over heard a couple talking about the Cali Girl Models. I turned to see a tall dirty blond boy with blue eyes and a girl with brown hair and pale green eyes looking at a magazine. It was open to my first ad shoot. The boy said "you should be a Cali girl model." the girl said "yea right. I dont have potential." I smiled at them. "trust me you should" they looked up at me. Doing a double take, looking at me then the ad. "you're a Cali girl model" she held the ad up. "yea just recently too. I'm Aly, Aly Reynolds" I put out my hand. The girl took it and said "Jayla Dawson and this is Landon Harrison." I shook Landon's hand. He looked familiar and I knew I saw his face constantly. Then I remembered I saw it at Music Central every time I went with Ian.

We talked for a bit and I decided to invite them to my party tonight. I didn't know why, but I just did. Something about the two reminded me of Ian and I. They looked like they were friends at first but I saw that Landon grabbed Jayla's hand in his.

I said goodbye to my new friends and headed to the agency to begin shooting. I was doing an ad for sandals. I always felt nervous when doing a shoot. I was basically clueless. The other models were nice and gave me pointers.

The shoot took most of the day. It was 4pm and I had to get ready for my party. I wasn't even that excited. It's been weeks since I been here and I just wished Ian was here.

At 6pm, the party began. People trickled in with fancy clothes and apparently gifts for me, which I wasn't expecting. I greeted them when they came in. Landon and Jayla arrived. They didn't look too happy. I went over to greet them like how I did my other guests. I saw that they were sitting at my stair case talking.

"who are you looking at?" Daisy said. I turned to her. She was one of the models at the agency. She was tall, long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I smiled at her. "no one. How are you liking the party?" I asked. "it's fun. You should enjoy it. The guests can greet themselves. Come on." she took my hand and pulled me to the dance floor.

It was not long until Jay, Daisy's boyfriend stole her away. I got tired of dancing and headed upstairs to freshen up a bit. In the bathroom I wiped away my sweat and passed by the balcony. There was a lone figure standing, staring at the city lights. Something I would do almost every night.

I quietly slide the glass door and stepped outside. "you know the party is down stairs" I said. The figure turned and it was Landon. He looked depressed. He gave me a small smile. "sorry just not in the party mood." he said. I stood next to him and took in the view. "where's Jayla?" I said. "she left." he said. "I don't want to pry or anything but are you alright?" Landon looked at me. His dark eyes looked almost black. "it's alright. I'm fine I guess. I sent her off. We were just not meant for each other. She was still in love with someone else." he said. "I'm sorry." I said. It sucked to be second best. "it's fine. I'll get over it. Why aren't you down stairs?" he asked. I half smiled. "not really in the party mood either." I said. He looked at me. "why?" he said simply. "I don't know. I guess I'm just homesick." I replied. "where are you from?" Landon asked. "North Carolina."

Landon and I talked for a bit and finally went down stairs to the party.

"thanks for staying to help my clean up." I said as I collected all the trash on the floors and counter tops. "no problem. I kinda don't want to go back to the hotel yet." Landon said. He was sweeping the floor. "why not?" i said. Though I wish I took it back. I forgot about the whole Jayla thing. "I don't know. I'm just not ready yet." he said. "you know you're gonna have to face it some time." I said. Landon stopped sweeping. "I know." he sighed and continued cleaning.

After Landon left I tried to Skype Ian. He didn't answer. He was probably sleeping, since it was 2am here. I sighed and went to bed.

The next morning I got up early and went jogging around the block. It was sunny today and there weren't much people outside the neighbor hood.

As I was jogging, my shoelace got lose with out me noticing. I stepped on it an next thing I new I was airborne and on a pile of trash bags. "ow" I moaned.

"you know, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to be trash diving. Especially on someone's property." someone said. "I was not trash diving, I tripped" I said and got up. I looked at the person who was talking.He had long wavy brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He was smiling at me. I was still sitting in the pile of trash bags. He stretched out his hand to pull me up, which I took. "then what were you doing in my pile of trash? By the way, I'm Aaron Gatz." he smiled. He wasn't all that bad looking. His hair was messy and he was wearing pjs. "I tripped. I'm Aly Reynolds" I said as he pulled me up. "You know, you look familiar." he said. "I don't know. I've never met you before. Maybe I look like some one you know." I said. I didn't want to tell him about me modeling. "no I'd remember if I met you somewhere but I just feel like I've seen you before. Just don't know where." he said. I shrugged. "I don't know." Aaron let it go. "so do you fall in people's trash often?" he smiled. "ha. Ha. But no I don't. Well it was nice meeting you but I gotta run." I said. "it was. Hope to see you sometime?" he said. "maybe." I smiled. "oh and Aly?" Aaron said. "yea?" "your shoe lace is untied." he chuckled. I sighed and tied them. "thanks." I said and continued jogging.

After my jog I went straight home to shower. I felt so tired. I was about to take a nap until my phone rang. I groaned and answered it.

"yes mom?" I said. "hey al. How is everything? We miss you." my mom said. "everything's great. How is it there? I miss you too."

"things are great dear." she said. "that's good. Hey by any chance, do you know how Ian is? I haven't spoken to him in a while." I said. "oh I haven't seen him around. I did talk to his mother and he's supposed to be in California today for some interview. He hasn't called you?" my heart dropped at the news. I couldn't believe Ian was here and he didn't call me. "Aly?" my mom said. "oh. No he hasn't told me" I said. "maybe he was busy and didn't get a chance. Don't worry dear." she said. "I guess." I felt sad. "Hun it's alright. So when are you visiting us?" she kept rambling. "I don't know mom. But I'll call you later Kay?" I said. She agreed to hang up.

I felt so sad that Ian didn't call me or at least email me to let me know he was in the state. I would have made an effort to visit him.

I suddenly lost the urge to sleep. I got changed and went for a walk. I didn't know where I was going. I ended up at an ice cream shop. No one was inside, not even the workers.

"hello?" I called out. I was about to leave until some one called out "will be There in a sec!" I sighed and looked over the ice cream selection. "what can I- you again. Can't seem to stay away? Are you stalking me cause I'm pretty sure that's illegal too." aaron said. "sure I was stalking you." I said sarcastically. "oh someone is Mr. Grumpy Gills." he said. That made me smile. "I am not grumpy. Just having an off day." I said. "well you came to the right place. What can I get ya?" Aaron leaned against the counter. "just a single scoop of mint chip." I said. Instead of a single scoop, Aaron gave me three scoops for free. "it's on the house" when I refused to not pay. I gave up and just ate my ice cream in silence. Aaron was leaning on the counter again. "I still can't figure out where I've seen you before. It's killing me." he said out of nowhere. I sighed. I put down my ice cream and took a Teen Vogue magazine from the rack and flipped open to my ad. Aaron watched me silently. I handed the magazine to him. He studied it for a bit and then looked up at me. "so you model. That's cool." he said. "I guess so" I said. "you don't like it?" "I do. It's just I miss my friends and family back home" I said. "well that's tough. But as long as you love what you do then it'll be fine." he said. I nodded. I gazed out the window and saw someone pass by. The person looked a lot like Ian. I stood abruptly. "hey thanks again. I gotta go" before Aaron could reply, I was out the door.

------

Again sorry I havent been writing. So busy. Hope u liked the chapter:)