That one cringy one-shot I unpublished and for good reason | Deimos

[Relationship between you and Deimos has been kept vague for an easier self-inserting process

[Relationship between you and Deimos has been kept vague for an easier self-inserting process.]

6/5/2024: Can't believe it's been almost a year, I didn't even realize. This is really cringeworthy in my opinion, but I'm republishing it for a friend and the sake of archiving. Whatever, I'll write something better some other day. 

-
23/5/2023: YO. Okay just gotta clarify like 70% of the dialogue consists of lyrics, so it might be a bit confusing. It's why I told you to listen to the actual song lolol.

-
You sat and waited, tapping your foot on the floor and staring into the subway's window. The place was empty, terrifyingly empty and...rather clean. Everything about Nevada is either bloodshed or clean, but only in the depressing corporate way that simply works to make you feel small. Something so complex yet so bland. Something you don't want to get used to.

The subway was entirely automated. Before it all went to shit, subways and metros and all that weren't completely machine-operated. There were drivers, there were people, there was life. But now that changed. 

The A.A.H.W. really took over. Due to how Nevada basically became a dystopia, everything became automatic. You rely on yourself, your technology, and weaponry now. It was all so empty. So quiet. So violent. So... So dead!

There's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout. It was all so empty but calming. Yet so cold. Yet so horrifying. Being left alone with your own paranoia and thoughts. It's tragic how everything you came to know and love changed, and changed for the worse.

But those were just the pros and cons of breathing.

The subway came to a sharp stop, shaking you slightly. You got up and went to the door, waiting for it to open. Stepping outside and onto the floor of the metro, the subway immediately rushed past you to wherever its next destination was. The place was massive, yet closed up. Blank, unnerving.

You walked around aimlessly. You tried to find an exit or directions, but you felt rather safe in a closed building. You kept searching around, surprised there's nothing similar to a guide here, but kept wandering.

A weird scent filled the building, and you were pretty sure you started to hear things. It creeped you out and didn't make the paranoia of getting shanked by a rando any better.

"C'mon, little mouse. I know you're 'round here." An almost familiar voice rang out in the metro, followed by what seemed to be a chuckle. The voice was used, hoarse leaning on rather deep. You paused dead in your tracks, and cringed. Both physically and metaphorically. Little mouse? The hell?

Tom over here seemed to be after you, chasing you or just...looking for you, intent unclear, but most likely malicious. Quickly, your legs sped pace, and so did your thoughts. Being left alone with your own imagination truly was one of the scariest concepts to be comprehended by the human brain.