The Victim

"Speak now."

"..."

"Mr. Anderson, has the cat got your tongue?"

"... Ahh, arm, ..."

"As usual I see, Mr. Anderson. Why don't you go see the principal and tell him about your memory problem?"

Click, tap tap tap.

Oh, honey did I wake you, I'm sorry. No need to get up. Lay back down, you need your beauty sleep. You look a little confused dear. Don't worry, I'm here okay. Here, take a sip of this and get some rest okay hon. No, you don't want any...okay but you need to get some rest. All right. I know, I know you want to say something but the medication is affecting you dear. Relax and go back to sleep all right.

Hey you're awake dear. I'm just trying to straighten up a bit. Relax, I'll be with you in a minute. You know I was watching a clip from your class. When will Mr. Anderson get it together? I mean you clearly showed how to solve the problem. That boy just lacks focus.

"Ho-ho-how?"

"Dear, you need to take your time? The medicine hasn't fully worn off yet."

"M...Ms..."

"Dear, it's alright. I'm here aren't I. Just rest, okay, okay."

That's right dear. Just relax... Oh you need a bath. Let me go prepare that for you. Don't go anywhere I'll be right back.

Okay the water's all nice and warm. Let me help you up. Come on, I know you're still a bit out of it but we need to get you cleaned up. Come on, let me help you. Why are you like this? You want me to leave you to it, I would but you don't have a tub. You know I could have sworn you had one. Okay, okay, I'll be outside if you need me. I couldn't find your tower though. Where'd you put it? No, no, don't shoo me, where's your towel? Fine I'll go, try and call if you need anything. I know it might be a bit hard but call alright dear?

See your dripping. I looked around and found your towel, it was in the third drawer of your chest-of-drawers. You know we're gonna have to make some changes, you know. Why are you shocked? I told you I'd be outside didn't I. Don't move dear. Thud. Geez, I told you not to move. The medicine is still affecting you, you should know that. I mean are you that scared to have a woman touch you. Fine, fine here's the towel. I'll be in the kitchen, making breakfast.

Cl-cli-click. Dear, what are you doing? You were taking so long I had to come get you... What are you hiding dear? Show it to me...Now. Clomp, clomp. Ah ha...dear why are you hiding a phone from me, hmmm?

We'll talk after you have some breakfast. Come on, it's ready. You don't want it to get cold do you..

Here, sit down. I make eggs over easy and some coffee. Keeping the bread in the top cupboard is an odd place you know. I had a hard time finding it, these cupboards are a bit plain though. They seem to be made of chipboard, am I right? Well anyway, I think mahogany would be better or cider or anything else honestly.

Why are you looking at me like that? We're the eggs not done right? Oh, I know the coffee, it has to be the coffee. I didn't know which one you preferred or if you like it black or with sugar. You have to tell me these things you know.

"M-Ms. Parker, how did you g-get in here?"

"Don't be silly dear. You gave me a key, remember."

"M-Ms. Parker-"

"Dear, it's a little rude to keep calling me Ms. Parker you know. Call me Sherril."

"I-it's a bit rude of me."