Lost King

Getting caught was my mistake

To the land of man I was taken

Now I want not for food

No need to hunt

Just enjoy the sun

At first it seemed I was free

That opening is a magic thing indeed

An invisible wall stops me

Is it not an opening

No damage it takes

On the other side are men... staring

I shout, I claw

They just enjoy the show

Futile my effort seem

No strength have I

No point to try

Still I plot

Though confined

I will survive

Yawning, soon it will be breakfast - today is spicy lamb, if I remembe1111r correctly. The routine is always the same - if it's lamb for breakfast then buffalo for lunch and buffalo again for dinner. They bored me, they once gave me a live one - that was fun. I took my time to corner and ravish it. That look of terror - oh it was exhilarating. Sighing, I guess I had too much fun that day.

As usual here they come - these men in coats, observing me from the opening. They are different from the others - those big and small, young and old who come by with excitement in their eyes. For them I strut about, the young ones especially seem to give me praise as I do. Seeing their small bodies flare about, clapping and jumping pleases my heart.

Their young flesh, oh so tender - I must stop myself from salivating. I do not wish to show my excitement. The big ones with them look a little firm but I'm sure they would taste even better. Especially those with the lump of flesh protruding in front of them. Just a nibble is all I ask, just nibble is my demand.

Ah, but those older ones seem frail and their flesh withered with time. They appear to lack the basic nutrients. Thou would I eat them all the same. I don't expect much from their withered frame. Their bones I can clearly see - this tells me not much is there to eat.

Still today only, those in coats I will see. They stand in one spot, pointing at the board in their hands. Back and forth they turn to each other with a small stick in their hands. They seem to be talking but they have no mouths. It was a surprise when I saw one move that white substance from their face - just as white as their coat. A symbol of some sort. Then I saw their mouth - strange, very strange.

Today their numbers are the largest ever. As I lay here in the sun on my rock that stands above. No other dare challenge, this area I command it. Something is off I feel. So I observe the coats, unnaturally they move, walking back and forth as excited somehow. Strange - let my prowl about and see how they react to my change.

First I must stretch, to get my bones refreshed. I jump down to the rocks below, systematically adjusting my balance and shifting my weight to jump again as I proceed from rock to rock, till the floor I reach. Now I stand and stare before slowly walking the openings length. As I walk, I glance at the coats from time to time, checking to see if my count is right. One, two, three, four...in all I count ten coats - normally there are between three and six but an extra four, this is strange. I can only recognize the aura of three, that means seven new coats are here today.

My food arrives and these men quickly take their stick and point it at the board they hold. They stare at me intensely - I stare back as I reach the end of the open space. Slowly I turn around and head back toward my breakfast, their hands start moving with the stick, so I pause but they pause as well with me. Strange indeed, I move again toward my meal and they too begin to move their sticks as well.