Fifty three.

Federal Capital Territory,
Nigeria.

It has been a week since Khalifa's meeting with Haaya, a week since the relationship between Sakeena and Khalifa started to deteriorate, a week since Khalifa hasn't been his normal self, a week since they both have a proper conversation.

Whenever she wants to talk to him, it's always  'I need some rest' or 'I need some space'. She eventually got fed up with his attitude and confronted him many times but it always ended up with 'I'm fine'. She tried to give him some space and the benefit of doubt but it's starting to get overbearable.

He doesn't sleep in the same room as her, doesn't talk to her much, doesn't hug her anymore, doesn't hold her hand anymore. Her heart is aching because of Khalifa. She didn't know what she did to him but, she's about to find out today, whether he likes it or not he must talk to her about whatever is bothering him.

Sakeena walked into the living room downstairs and found him sitting on the three sitter, absentmindedly staring at the TV that is switched off deep in thoughts. She took cautious step towards him and took a seat beside him when she reached his sitting body.

He didn't acknowledge her presence, heck he doesn't even know that she's there because his mind far away. She placed her hands on his causing him to flinch and return to reality.

Khalifa stared at her, her doe innocent eyes silently pleading with him to talk to her. He craves her closure and have her in his arms but every single time, Haaya's words rush back to his head.

Sakeena's life is on the line.

She needs to stay away if you want your family to be safe.

Losing her is worth saving her.

He has been distant for the past week and he knows how it's affecting both of them. She may try not to show but he can see right through her. He's also hurting deeply, his heart is shattering into pieces every single time but he'd rather bear the pain of her being away from him that to lose her forever.

He felt two arms wrap around his torso and a soft voice mumbling 'I'm sorry'. He didn't move or hug her back.

Just like her Mamie told her, whenever there's a misunderstanding between the two of them, even if she's not the one at fault she should try and fix it no matter what. She can heard his racing heartbeat. She expected him to hug her back and tell her it's all over but his next move shocked her to the core.

Khalifa pushed her away with all his might and stood up to leave the living room but she held his hand halting his movement. Khalifa turned his head to look at her. Sakeena noticed how he has dark circles under his eyes, his face has become pale and hollow.

"Khalifa please, don't do this to us." She clasped her hand with his. "Whatever it is that is bothering you talk to me. Even if you feel like I won't understand I'll try to. Just don't push me away." Even though with her aching heart her voice didn't crack even a bit. She has to stay strong for both of them.

He didn't reply her but instead snatch his hand from her grip and turned around to leave when she grabbed his hand again. His next action shook the foundation and pillars to their relationship greatly. He pushed her with so much force it sent her to the ground, in the process fracturing her elbow.

Sakeena let out a scream and held her right elbow which is stinging with pain. She felt tears pool in her eyes but she blinked them back. What hurts her the most isn't the pain vibrating through her body, it's the fact that he didn't even help her up.

"Stay the fuck away from me Sakeena." He thundered. "You will never understand whatever it is that I am going through. You are the cause of my problems. My parents and brothers have never had peace of mind since you walked into our lives. I don't even know why I got tied down to you. You made my life miserable so please, leave. Me. Alone." He joined his hands together, emphasizing on the last three words.