Chapter 6 - The confession

Uraraka's POV:

"Uhh..no thanks." Said Himiko.

I chuckled before talking to the lady.

"I think we'll just have two loaded fries."

I looked at Toga to see if she wanted anything else. She shook her head with a warm smile.

"Alrightyy!!" The lady turned to someone in the kitchen to get two loaded fries ready for us. "You girls wait just a momentt!"

The woman was slurring her words a lot, it was quite obvious to the both of us that she was drunk.

Once again, Toga and I shared a look.

The lady came back with our food and I smiled, taking the fries after paying her first.

We walked to a nearby bench and took seats on opposite sides of each other.

Despite the odd vibes we got from the lady at the stand, the food smelled and looked amazing.

We ate in comfortable silence. Occasionally there would be a small conversation, but we just liked to enjoy each other's company.

"This food is better than I expected." Said Toga with a smile; her cheeks full of fries.

I smiled back. "Yeah, that lady was weird. But I think these are the best fries I've had."

"Maybe I should eat at sketchy places more often. Here at least, all of the creepy restaurants have been the best. I'll have to take you to one some day." Said Toga.

"Yeah, I would like that. I've been to a few underground restaurants with my family before and my mom tried to leave because of how mysterious one looked. Now all she talks about is their noodles and eggrolls." I replied.

Toga let out a chuckle and looked into my eyes in an almost lovingly way.

We got up from our seats and threw away our empty food baskets.

Toga put her hood back up and held my hand, taking me into the street.

We walked for awhile under the fairy lights. They were hanging so effortlessly on the trees that it looked like they would fall off, but they never did. The wind was calm with a gentle breeze here and there.

I looked over at Toga. As her hood came down off her head; her hair blowing beautifully in the wind. I was so sure of it now.

I love this woman, with all of my heart. I want hold her in my arms at her worst and best moments to tell her that I'm proud of her each and every time.

I want to hold her hand and never let go so that she's mine forever. I want bring her happiness even if I sacrifice my own.

What I really want is for her to call me hers and for me to be able to do the same. For us to be able to say that about each other until we're old and gray would be the best thing that's ever happened to me.

God, I love this woman.

Toga looked over at me, so I'm assuming I stared at her for a little too long. But she smiled nonetheless.

"I'm really happy right now," I said. "Happier than I've been in awhile."

I saw Toga's cheeks flush into a light shade of pink.

"It's a good thing that I brought you out her then. I like to come here a lot, usually by myself. But I suppose that it's actually quite nice to have some company." She said.

I wanted to tell her right then about how I felt. The time seemed right, but how would it escalate? We still had all night to spend together. What if I mess it up and she leaves me alone? I couldn't just yet.