The Sisters

Charter one

“What’s happening?!” I scream I'm running away from my fears I look back and…. Nothing I wake up sweat all over my body and my little sister Amber next to me crying,

“What wrong?” I said in fear she stood up and ran to her bedroom. “Stop please” I said knowing what has happened to me in my sleep I gather the sheets and pulled them off me and ran into her room she was still crying in fear.

“ I’m sorry” Amber said.

“No don’t be sorry you're not used to this yet and believe me I’m not myself” I said with a tear running down my face. As her head when down on my knee we began to talk about things.

“Tayla why do you do that? It scares me.” Amber said in a worried tone.

“I’m sorry about that I don’t mean to, it just happens.” I said. She lifted her head off my knee and gave me the biggest hug she could give to anyone. Amber looked at me.

"Why does it happen to us?"

Happen to us? What doses she means happen to us? Dose she have it too? "What do you mean?" I asked thoughtfully.

“When I see you do that it reminds me of what mum told me before she died.” She told me in a little voice.

“What did she say to you?” Another tear ran down my face. When she brought up mum again it makes me miss her. There is not one day goes by without me thinking about mum and how she took her own life.

“She told me I kick and move around in my sleep. I scream and say her name and when she comes into my room she will see me have some sort of a fit, like something has taken over my body. I wake up crying or sweating with marks all over my body because I will attack myself or mum because she was trying to help. When I wake up I can’t remember anything and the same thing happens to you. It scares me, I just don’t want to see you get hurt." Amber explained.

“That’s the same with me, well I don’t know I'm doing that. You've told me many times before but never like that. I didn’t know you had it was well. Do you still have it? What does it all mean for us? Did mum have it?" I seemed to confuse her with questions. She looked at me as if she were the older sister and I was the younger one.

“Hurry up you will be late for school” Yelled Dad.

“Okay Dad,  we're coming!” Amber called back. We put our school clothes on as fast as we could and rushed down the hall way. Dad had our lunch’s and gave us a kiss on the forehead as we ran out the door to catch the bus. Well one of us anyway.

“I’m not going to school, I’m going to try and find out what’s wrong with me.” I told Amber

“I’m coming with you” She said as she ran after me. “AHHHHH!!” Amber yelled suddenly. I stop in my tracks, turning to see Amber flat on her front. She had fallen over a broken bit of concrete in the foot path, I always seem to miss it which is good but Amber didn’t. She began to cry as she picked herself up off the ground, her knees and elbows grazed from the fall. She lifted up her shirt to show her waist and she was grazed there too.

“Come on we've missed the bus but we are closer to school than we are home. Let's go.” I comforted her as we walked slowly to school. I could tell by the look on her face that she was in a lot of pain from the fall. We made it to school and went to the office. They saw her injuries and told me to leave.

“Okay” I said as I started to walk out and saying goodbye to Amber.

“No, don’t go” Amber said with a tear running down her face.

“Is that okay with you miss?” I ask.

“Fine.” The office lady snapped. Amber was holding my hand the whole time, she was really tired from running and crying. She is only fourteen, this can take a lot out of girl. Amber eyes began to close and her head rested on my shoulder.

“All done” The office lady said in a positive tone she looked at Amber and I and saw that Amber was asleep. “I'll leave you two there and I'll call your dad to pick her up.” She whispered and went off to call dad.

“Will she be okay?” I asked with concern.

“Yeah she will be fine. I'll talk to your dad about things and he will explain it to you when you and your sister go home” She told me. I just nodded, I hope Amber will be okay. I looked down at her sweet little face. You see I’m sixteen so I'm in year 11 and Amber is in year 9. We both lost our mum when I was eight,  Amber was only six it was harder on me than it was on her but we both pulled though.

We were home and I could still tell that Amber was still in pain so I helped into her bed and we talked until we fell asleep.

Amber POV

I wake up to a knee in my thigh and a dark room. Turn my head I see Tayla having an attack. I move over so I don’t get in her way.

“Grrr...ahh ahh.” Tayla said angrily. I nervously grab her hand, she squeezes so tight I hear a crack in my hand but it wasn’t painful. I try and wake her up by putting my fingers into her side, I see her head move to side to another as I do.

“No, no!” Tayla yelp and she wakes up