Chapter 25 The End

When Louis had heard about what Shana had done, he'd thought that he'd never hated anyone as much as her before, but as it turned out, his home town's police department was closely behind her. They told them that they had no reason to believe that Harry, an adult who'd left voluntarily with his fiancée, was in any danger. They said that the dog could have ingested the medication by mistake, and dismissed all of their worries.

Louis couldn't even breathe when he thought about Harry possibly being at the bottom of the enormous local reservoir. The mere thought of the dark green water made him feel like he was drowning himself, he'd never gone up there again after his parents had died in the flood that had been partly made worse by the reservoir's dam giving into the pressure of the water.

If he lost Harry the same way he'd lost his parents...

"No wonder the fucker could only work at daddy's hospital," Zayn said loudly, interrupting his thoughts. "I'm not sure, but I don't think you can be a surgeon if you have such a severe illness."

"I just wish I knew where they are at for sure," Helena said, driving onto the freeway. "I'm freaking the fuck out, if he dies, I'll kill him."

"Wait, I have an idea," Zayn said. "Kinda idiotic, but if it works..."He dialed a number, and when the person picked up, he said: "Bitch, I know you're the one with that insane account. You have access to Doctor Martin's location, haven't you."

"No way, it's not me!" a woman giggled on the other side of the line.

"I know it's you, and if you don't give me his fucking location I'll tell the board that you fucked that patient. They'll fire you so fast, that your dumb friend will have do the account by herself."

"Sofie told you it's us?!" the woman said, outraged. "What a bitch! And don't you dare do that, I know you've hooked up with people at work too, what the fuck!"

"Never a patient, I'm not insane," Zayn said. "You've got nothing, while I have proof. And now hurry the fuck up, Harry could be in danger, and I'll never forgive you if something happens to him."

"Alright, drama queen," the woman said, mollified. "Okay, Dr. Martin... yeah, he's close to like a lake? Wait, Mill's Park Reservoir, in the middle of fucking... huh?!"
"Yeah, we know where that is," Louis said, while Helena stepped on the gas pedal aggressively.

"He's copied Harry's phone, you know," the woman on the other side of the line said. "It's kinda funny and adorable in a creepy way. He totally stalks his location, his health stats and the people he checks out on social media obsessively."

Zayn hung up the phone without saying goodbye when she started laughing.

"I swear, nobody normal works there," he said. "I used to believe that was a good thing. Not anymore... yesterday they rated everyone's asses at work- I came in second to last to our oldest co-worker who never works out!"

"Zayn, I love you but now's not the time," Helena said, leaving the highway for a dirt road.

"Sorry, I'm nervous," Zayn said.

Louis wondered for a few seconds how he was managing to stay quiet now, but when he looked into the backwards mirror the mystery was solved: Liam had put a hand on Zayn's and Zayn was busy grinning like an idiot. Louis shook his head, especially because Niall was sitting right between them, looking uncomfortable as hell. But then his phone's notification sound went off.

"I just got a message from Harry," he said, alarmed, and failing to unlock his phone because of how nervous he was.

"Me too," Niall said.