Chapter 6 Lust

The lights were dim, and every surface was covered with a disarray of food, empty alcohol containers and clothes, because someone had cranked up the heat and it was pretty warm inside. As soon as Louis walked in, a blonde girl he vaguely recognized from Harry's new friend group staggered towards him and awkwardly hung herself onto his arm, while crying drunkenly.

"You have to tell-" she scream-mumbled with great trouble. "-your boro- your brother to stop fucking with me!"

"What?" Louis asked, while trying to get rid of her and trying to spot Jordan.

He was nowhere to be seen.

"Harry's seriously going too far this time, tell him to stop!" the girl complained.

Shana stepped in front of them, and forced the girl to let Louis go. "Maybe he's ignoring the fuck out of you because you're behaving like a drunken, annoying skank!" she told the girl.

Louis frowned. Sure, he hadn't liked the girl getting that close to him, but there was no need to be cruel to her.

"Hey, maybe you should have some water," he told her. "You'll feel better."

In that moment Harry came down the stairs, looking around for someone, and stopping when he saw them.

"There you are!" the girl said, and he seemed annoyed to see her, but also kind of off in Louis's eyes. "You're a fucking dick, you know that? Your brother is a lot nicer than you, it's hard to believe you're from the same family!"

"That's because we're not, do you live under a rock?" Harry replied angrily. "I don't have a fucking brother!"

"Bullshit!" the girl screamed, falling and having to prop herself up against a counter top out of the sheer force of her yelling.

"That is not my fucking brother!" Harry screamed, enraged. It was obvious that he was on some sort of drug. "And nobody wants to be his fucking family!"

"She's just wasted, H," Shana said, lazily pinching Harry's cheek.

He calmed down a little bit when she did that, but Louis was in no mood to stay and watch his irrational meltdowns. He'd made it clear enough that he didn't want him here, and it seemed that Shana was already keeping an eye on him, as if he fucking cared. He decided to go upstairs in search for Jordan, but more people had arrived and it was really crowded, so he ended up barricaded in the only clean bathroom he found to save it for his friends. It wasn't like he was in a partying mood anyway. He tried texting him, but Jordan didn't reply.

"Louis?" Shana's voice came at the door after a while.

Louis closed the Twitter tab he'd been scrolling through, and let his friend in. She was carrying an ice cold bottle of something that looked like vodka, and two juice glasses.

"Not the most appropriate choice of glasses, but it was all I could find," she said, filling one up and giving it to him.

"Fucking hell, S," Louis said, looking at the amount she'd poured in. "Are you actually planning on drinking all of that with no chaser? Should I be worried about you?"

He realized suddenly that maybe, actually, he should be. He hadn't questioned her suddenly wanting to talk about personal things with him before, but he was now. Maybe she had been the one who had something she needed to unburden herself of, but Louis's problems had kind of taken over the conversation.

Shana laughed and clinked her glass against his before downing the first fourth of it.

"Don't be a pussy, drink the fuck up," she said cheerfully.