Nightmares

( Thus chapter contains content that may be disturbing for some readers.

Reader Discretion is highly advised.

Themes in this chapter touch on:
Stalking
Obsession
Mental and Emotional Abuse )

-~•~-

"You really thought you could get away from me, Amaya?" I head Jackal's voice ring out as I looked around. I don't know how I got here. A large room with dark corners.

"Jackal.... Please... Leave me alone!" I cried out as I tried to run for where I thought the door would be. I heard footsteps behind me as I got to the door finally and twisted the handle.

The door melted in my hands as I looked around. "You're mine, Amaya. Only mine." Jackal's voice rang out, angrier this time.

Ominis and Sebastian walked in from the darkness as I ran up to them. "Neither of you should be here! Leave! We have to leave!"

I pushed at them but they didn't budge. They were like statues. I heard footsteps walk up behind me as I turned to look at Jackal.

"They don't love you like I do, Amaya." He said as he reached out for me. I tried to run past Ominis and Sebastian but they held me in place until Jackal's arms wrapped around me and pulled me close to him.

"No! Jackal, please! Let me go!" I screamed as I kicked. He grabbed my chin and made me look at Ominis and Sebastian as two people that I didn't recognize walked out from behind them.

"No one is going to take you from me, I'll kill them if they do." I tried to pry my head out of his hands but it was no use. Sebastian looked me in the eyes as the two men behind him and Ominis started to speak the killing curse.

"Amaya?" Sebastian said as I cried and screamed.

"No! Jackal please! I'll go with you!" Tears streaming down my face as I tried so hard to close my eyes.

"Amaya!" Sebastian screamed as the killing curse left the wands of the men behind them.

"JACKAL NO!" I cried out loudly.

"Amaya!" Sebastian's voice woke me up as I opened my eyes, sweating with tears streaming from my eyes and wrapped in his arms. "Are you awake?"

"I..." I looked around, laying in Sebastian's arms in the Room of Requirement. "I-I don't..."

"Hey... you're okay. You were having a pretty bad nightmare." Sebastian said as he loosened his grip on me and took a hand, brushing my hair out of my face.

"I... I'm sorry..." I looked at him before fully realizing he was in my Room of Requirement. I shot up out of his arms and looked at him. "How... How in Merlin's name are you in my Room of Requirement?" I asked sternly as I wiped my face.

"Uh... I..." Sebastian rubbed his neck. "I am not entirely sure as to how I got in but I was walking the hall and thinking about needing to find you... and the door appeared so... I just walked in and heard you screaming."

I got up and walked into the main area of Room of Requirement, looking at the enchanted clock that read well past noon. "Merlin's beard! Have I slept that long!?"

Sebastian walked into the room and looked at me. "Amaya... are you... doing okay?" He asked in a concern tone as I walked behind a divider and changed.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I said in a monotone voice not wanting to burden anyone else with my problems as I walked back out in my Slytherin school uniform and looked at him. A concern look plastered all over his face.

"Amaya." He said in a sigh as I smiled at him.

"Come on, Sebastian. We need to get to our next class." I said as I walked out the door.