𝑩𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆

○○○

Taylor's POV:

"Have you checked your Twitter feed recently?" 

Jimmy shakes his head, focused on devouring the McDonald's Big Mac in front of him. "You know I'm more of an Instagram kind of guy."

I roll my eyes, stuffing some more fries into my mouth."Well, literally everyone is tweeting about Joey Graceffa, saying they haven't heard from him in like months," I explain, reading Tyler's latest post of concern.

Joey and I have a pretty good friendship. I mean, not me and Jimmy level, but still pretty close. Now that I think about it though, I haven't heard his name in a while.

"Joey Graceffa, now that's a blast from the past," Jimmy jokes, his mouth filled to the brim with food. "Last time I heard his name, he was hosting that sketchy dinner party." I nod, remembering Eva telling me about it when she first got the invitation. 

I load the last of my fries in my mouth, trying to refocus on editing my latest vlog. It'll probably be no surprise to my subscribers that Jimmy is in it.

I've been in the U.K. for about five months now, visiting my best friend Jimmy. We've been friends for years yet somehow this is the first time I've spent the night at his apartment that hasn't just been a night or two. He usually comes down to L.A. a few times a year when I'm not traveling, and I usually make a pit stop in the U.K. whenever I'm nearby.

We've filmed countless vlogs just fooling around in downtown London with some of our friends and it's been perfect. I don't really know when I'm going back to the U.S., but I guess that's the exciting part! As a YouTuber whose content is based on traveling, it's pretty hard to be organized. 

Plus, I don't think Jimmy is quite tired of me yet, so until that happens, I'll stay.

A hard knock on the door almost makes me and Jimmy jump from his couch. Jimmy groans, not wanting to pause his date with his Big Mac, but still gets up and jogs to the door. "Who is it at this hour?" He wines, knowing full well it's 2 p.m.

Curious, I lean forward to see who's at the door, only to see a guy in a grey suit? 

The mystery guy hands Jimmy two envelopes, looking straight at me when he says. "For Jimmy Brinson and Taylor Wallens."

I shoot up from the couch. "How does he know I'm here?" I ask, looking between Jimmy and the mystery guy.

Jimmy shakes his head in confusion, cautiously taking our envelopes from him. "You haven't posted any of our vlogs, right?"

I open my mouth to respond but the mystery guy speaks up, saying, "Your presence is most urgently requested." 

Okay, I'm not dealing with this creepiness today.

Since Jimmy is just frozen in place, I walk up to the door and slam it in his face. "Who the hell was that?"

Jimmy hands my envelope to me, shaking his head. "There better be money in here," He hopes, ripping open his envelope.

I do the same, intrigued at the actual authentic ink on the old paper. 

○○○

My Friends,

I've been away for far too long. I want to invite you to a masquerade ball at an estate like no other. To attend you must obtain a persona reminiscent of the Victorian Era and be dressed accordingly or the carriage that can bring you across time will remain invisible to your eyes. A package will accompany your invitation with proper attire which may contain a useful object. There will be people and creatures unique to the estate that know their place whom you will interact with. You, however, will have no knowledge of what is to come. You will be a newborn baby in this exciting and sometimes frightening place. I'll explain everything when you arrive.