4

i am an indian woman and this is my story. my husband made me abort 3 of my babies just because they were girls. when i resisted, he attempted my murder "no you, no this filthy babygirl you're carrying" he said. he bruised my eyes and lips blue with punches. i told my family i don't want to be here anymore. they cursed me saying how bad of a daughter and wife i am. and they also declared that this is my home now, whether i like it or not. they told me they would disown me and not even look at me if i dare to even think about leaving my husband. where would i go? i never had friends because i never left my home. my family wouldn't give me shelter nor food. i attempted suicide twice but i still didn't die. i have to be brave. i have to live for my children. i have to live in this house and endure it all for my kids. if i leave this house, begging on the footpath is my only option. i couldn't deprive my sons of shelter, food and education just because of my selfish needs. so i endure, endure and endure. my body turned a corpse with several diseases and malnutrition. nobody has mercy upon me. if this is life, i desperately desire death. when my eldest son asked me to help him with his college project about social issues, i told him, i am an indian woman and this is my story.