3

i am an indian woman and this is my story. it isn't easy to live when nobody values your life. i hate summers but who cares? in 50°C scorching heat, i am supposed to stay in the kitchen for most of my day. as i stir 3 different curries while the heat from fire of the stove embraces my existence making me drench in sweat from head to toe. forget an air conditioner, there's not even a ceiling fan in this kitchen, i bet the creator of hell had more mercy than the people of this household. "it's not tasty enough" said my husband as he threw his plate on the ground before angrily entering the kitchen and lifting the gas cylinder to hit my head with it which resulted in me fainting which was later termed as me being overdramatic. from the kitchen, i hear my mother in law badmouth me to her old sisters about how i am the worst daughter in law ever because the water i heated for her bath last year wasn't of the perfect temperature as she liked because i was so much i pain because of labor and after 2 hours i gave birth to my most recent baby, and this family for obvious reasons doesn't believe in family planning. this is my pain, this is my life, this is my destiny. i am an indian woman and this is my story.