Prologue

Astoria Featherbeak was a simple woman...on the outside. She and her twin brother, Wildwing, had grown up in a period that most people would not have guessed of them. They possessed magical power and heritage that many minds could have only dreamed of. They learned immortality!

Wildwing became a hero in disguise in his late teens, and Astoria was a successful woman. She always had a pink scarf tied around her neck, never taking it off, and it almost always brought her luck. She and her brother lived in an ancient kingdom as kids, and moved to the city of Duckburg together well into adulthood. Upon that, however, they parted their separate ways. Their siblinghood was still strong, and they visited as often as they could. However, less than two years after Astoria married and had a son, it became less often than she and her brother would have liked.
Wildwing hung up his disguise, and retired from his hero work. Now there were modern day superheroes, and in Duckburg, so he found no reason to don his old cloak and goggles anymore. That being, he worked a very high paying job as an all-age psychiatrist with his wisdom (which ran in the family), and became quite successful and rich. Of course, not as much so as Scrooge McDuck, the Richest Duck in the World, but a close second nonetheless.

Astoria never found the time for a job, what with her husband's antics and having to take care of her son. She had wanted a child more than anything, and already fell in love with her son at first glance. She often wondered to herself if he had inherited her powers, but she never had a chance to take him anywhere and find out. Money for her and her family became scarce, and difficult to get ahold of. Eventually, her husband stopped doing anything for good, and began doing things for money. He would swindle, steal, and even...Astoria hated the thought of it — her husband even killed. For her son's sake, she resorted to leaving him alone in the house while her husband forced her into heists.

That was the Featherbeak twins of the past, now here they were, living very different lives. What came of their family name now?

You will see.