Chapter 1

Chapter 1

1 year later

(Mia)

Well a lot has happened since the year that has went by. Me and Jade are married. I haven't spoken to Portia since she got locked up. I didn't wanna see her after what she did. I took over my mom position in the business and I'm also trying to get my degree to make my spot in the family business official. My mom dying brought me and my dad closer. I found out Jade didn't have parents because they died a long time ago and she was emancipated and her parents made enough money for her never to work a day in her life but she's in college and studying to be a animal doctor. Right now I was just chilling in my office at home just thinking of new ways to keep the restaurant alive and I'm also in the process of tearing down some stores in the mall and putting in new ones. Basically I'm trying to improve everything. As I was in deep thought Jade walking in wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my cheek.

Mia: Hi beautiful how was class

Jade: Boring I wish you and I went to the same school because I'm alone on campus

Mia: So make friends

Jade: it's not that easy but if I'm not wrong somebody is going to be twenty soon what do you want for your birthday

Mia: I already have everything I ever wanted

I pulled her to sit in my lap and I pressed my lips against hers. It was about to get real hot in there but suddenly my morning sickness kicked in at 7 at night. Yeah I'm pregnant; me and Jade are starting a family. I didn't make it to the bathroom and I puked in the middle of the hallway. I started feeling hot and I was feeling dizzy. I tried walking and was stumbling around. Jade led me to the bedroom and helped me lay down. I'm only 3 months pregnant; but the reason I work from home is because of reasons like this and I been bitching at everyone in the office. I always wanted to carry a baby and I'm so excited to be having a kid. Since Jade didn't really want kids we compromised and agreed on one. As I was laying in bed my stomach and back starting hurting. I got a headache and I just decided to take a nap.