Chapter 13

-Connor-

"So what brings you here, Marcus?" I heard Troye ask Marcus as we stood in the lunch line, waiting for our desired food. It was an à la carte type of lunch. We grabbed what we wanted. People shouldn't leave food out just to choose from in front of me. I would grab the whole line if I could.

"I've always gone to this camp. I'm a regular here. I've been going since Mr. Graceffa's dad ran the camp." He said, the line moving slowly forward. I grabbed sandwich and a bag of chips. I reached down into the cooler and pulled out a water.

"What happened to his dad?" I asked. Joey is pretty young to be running a business. What is he, like 23? 24?

"His dad suffered a heart attack on his birthday. It's a quite tragic story. You know, his sister Nicole was suppose to run the camp after he passed, but his dad changed his mind and gave the camp to Joey on his death bed." Marcus explained, getting checked out by the lunch lady at the register.

"Really?" Troye asked Marcus. Joey was a pretty happy guy to be running in his dead dad's creation.

"No joke. His sister is now super pissed that he changed his mind. She sounds kinda like a bitch." Marcus said.

"Huh" was the only thing Troye said. The lunch lady rung him up at the register, which meant I was next. Troye and Marcus were waiting just past the register for me.

I approached the register. I was greeted by a dark skinned woman with green lipstick and a smile on her face.

"What's your name, hon?" She said, with exuberance and joy. She seemed quite happy for a middle aged woman working as a lunch lady at a camp for teens.

"Connor." I said with a smile. Kill 'em with kindness Con.

"Alright hon, I got you." She said, giving me a slight smirk. I moved forward to join Marcus and Troye.

"You guys wanna meet some of my friends? There's three empty seats at our table. Usually the other two are occupied by Joe and Louise, but I don't know where Louise is." He asked us. I really didn't care, which was unusual for me. As long as I was with Troye, I could do anything.

"Con?" Troye looked at me. His eyes looked straight into mine. His crisp, blue, irises surrounded his black hole of a pupil.

"Um...sure. I don't care." I said, snapping back into reality. I hope I didn't look like a starstruck idiot.

"Sweet! You already know a few of them. They'll like you guys." Marcus said, moving towards a table that was to the left of the mess hall. The table was placed in front of a few big glass windows. Marcus moved towards a circular table that held eight people. There were a few laughs coming from the table as one of the people turned around and looked at us.

"Hey Marcus!" I heard a gruff British accent call out. It was the same guy that was with the girl in the hallway today.

"Haalloo!" Marcus said. "I want you guys to meet some of my new friends. Connor and Troye!" He gestured towards us. They all said happy hi's and hello's. Troye waved and I gave a cute smile. Or I hope it was cute.

"Go ahead and take a seat, guys!" Marcus said. Marcus sat on the right, leaving Troye to sit in the middle, and me sitting to the left of Troye. I sat next to a familiar looking, feminine face.

"Why don't you guys go around the table and introduce yourself, starting with you Zoë." Marcus said, nodding to the girl to my left.

"I'm Zoë" She said very annoyed or mad. The guy next to her, which I already knew, went next.