Chapter 2

A/N: Hey Guys!

So how've you been? Long time no write.

Sorry I haven't written. Our school's musical Legally Blonde has been going on and I've been busy juggling the musical and homework. But, I'M BACK WITH A BRAND NEW RAP!

Just a reminder, I'm still not gonna state who's POV it is in the very beginning. I will in a couple chapters, but I think it's a nice touch of suspense or mysteriousness.

Anyway,

Enjoy!

_______________________________________

I entered the house with my head held high with fake courage, hoping my parents wouldn't catch on to my pain. What was I gonna say about the bruises and the wincing pain? Dodgeball in P.E today. Blame it on dodgeball.

I walked through the doorway, down the short corridor decorated with pictures and shelves, and into the kitchen. My mother stood at the island in the middle of the cooking area, chopping vegetables for dinner I presume. My father was in the living room with the audible sound of the television on. My mother looked up from her station at the island.

"Hey sweethea-" She stopped mid-greating. Her face of happiness and cheeriness quickly turned into concern and worry. "What happened? Did you get bullied again? Was it Mark Fischbach again? Is there any blood? How many times-" I interrupted her, annoyed about how my mother jumped to conclusions. Correct conclusions, but jumped to nonetheless.

"Mom, I'm fine. We just played dodgeball today in P.E, and it got a little rough. They're just bruises. I'll be okay." I lied through my teeth with a grin on my face. I tried not to show the wincing pain through my whole body as I tried to stand normally. I walked over to the near dining room table and slumped my backpack off my shoulder, trying to look normal as warm pain shoots through my arms, elbows, and shoulders.

"CONNOR FRANTA, WHAT IS THAT ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD?!" My mother screamed out from behind me. I jumped with so much velocity that I hit my hand on the bottom of the table and new, fresh pain engulfed my right hand. I cringed at the pain, on the verge of tears. I'm guessing she was screaming about the huge welt from the locker I got my head slammed into. I hear my dad jump off his recliner and rush past the kitchen, into the dining room.

"Cheryl, what is all this screaming abo-OH my God!" My dad exclaimed with a disgusted look on his face. "Connor, what the hell happened?!"

"He said it was from 'dodgeball in P.E' today!" My mother turned and said to my father, putting emphasis on "dodgeball in P.E". I knew I couldn't really lie past my parents, especially my mother. She saw right through my lies, catching onto my nervous ticks every time I lie.

"Connor, tell us the truth!" My father yelled at the top of his lungs. "What will lying get you, huh? Absolutely nothing, damn it! So what actually happened, Connor?!" My father screamed again. I was too shaken up to move my lips.

My heart was racing and bumping loudly in my ear. I was sweating bullets and my hands got clammy. I tried to make my mouth form words, but nothing came out except unknown gibberish.

"I...urgh...umm...uhh..." I swallowed hard as I felt my Adam's apple bob up and down. I couldn't let them know. Mark will find and potentially hurt me more, not to mention the terrible rumors and conspiracies if I get Mark in trouble or for going to my mother and telling Mark to her. It's a suicide to tell her about Mark either way.

In thinking this, I push past both my parents, hang a left into the kitchen, another left to enter the stairwell, opened my door, and shut it with tears developing my eyes.