3. Long lost best friend and Promposals

Ever since Amanda was small, she had this massive crush on her bestfriend, Kyle. She never admitted it because they were just  kids and she never really wanted to ruin their friendship.

But by the time she got the confidence to confess to him, Kyle left for the city. And she never saw him anymore after that.

Well, that's all in the past now. But 'something' from her past still remained the same.

Amanda never really got over that tiny little crush she had. She didn't even know how Kyle looked after all these years, yet she loved him. She thought it was silly and kept telling herself, "Come on Amanda. What if he forgot about you? He's probably not even the same person as it's been over a decade." But deep down, she secretly wished he would come back for her one day, her prince charming. And he did :)

Though she thought he'd changed, he was still that goofy, thoughtful and nice little boy from the days.

*Back in school*

Announcer: "Dear students, thank you for gathering here. We've arranged this small ceremony to announce a few details about the upcoming prom. Please do pay attention and stand by the rules at any cost.

Anyone auditioning for the Prom queen/ prom King title of Norway High 2023 can give their names to the head of the arts club, Savanah Norwell. And every student is welcome to vote for any one of the auditioning candidates. And the prom queen/ prom king will be announced on the day of Prom.

If any sorts of cheating is attempted, the student will be disqualified and banned from Prom.

Prom will be on 20 May 2023, 2 weeks from now so be ready within. No changes will be applied to the date whatsoever and there is no specific theme!

Hoping to see everyone there, let's create a core memory together. Thank you and have a nice day!"

Just like that, the rush of the year began. Prom dress shopping, nail and hair appointment, you name it, they'll do it.

Amanda had no plan on attending prom but she thought if someone asked her, she'd accept and go with them.

"Ofcourse, no one would ask me after all these gossips, rumours and stuff but yeah whatever." - Amanda thought to herself.

But secretly, she hoped Kyle would ask her to prom.

While chatting with her benchmate and friend, Kyle, they came over the topic of prom.

"Did anyone ask you if you'll go to prom with them, Princess A?" - Kyle said with his gummy smile.

"No Kyle, I am not sure if I even wanna go. After all this, I need a break. But I'll go with whoever that asks me first, if anyone does. I doubt it haha. - Amanda said laughing.

"Well-" - Kyle said as he took something out of his pocket.

Before he could even complete what he was saying, a boy stood infront of Amanda with his hands behind his back.

Kyle tilted his head and raised his eyebrows, looking at him but the guy didn't seem to notice it.

"Amanda, Will you go to prom with me?" - The boy with blonde hair and blue eyes asked Amanda as he gave her the bouquet he was holding.

The boy's name was Leo. And his starsign was a Leo too. Ironic.

He was one of the popular kids. He was a model for popular designer brands and he had a huge number of following on all social media platforms.

Amanda and Leo were old acquaintances, but they lost touch throughout the years. He got kind of busy with his sponsors and photoshoots. They still smile at one another whenever they see each in hallways if that counts.

Amanda looked over at Kyle and saw him glaring at Leo.

"Come on, I have to keep my word. I can't turn down Leo's promposal." - Amanda thought to herself as she took the bouquet of flowers that Leo handed her.

"Oh my- yes, Leo." - Amanda said trying to show some excitement but what she really wanted to happen was for Kyle to ask her but it's too late..

"Awesome, Beautiful."- Leo said giving Amanda a bear hug.

Kyle was fuming with anger at this point.

After discussing about some 'prom stuffs' Amanda turned back to Kyle and he wasn't there.

"Oh, where is Kyle?" - Amanda asked

"Maybe he went somewhere, let him go, gorgeous."- Leo said with a smirk

Amanda didn't find that nice. She was still scanning the entire room, looking for Kyle only to realize he left early.

"No, we were gonna get milkshakes after school." - Amanda said, looking disappointed.

"Oh. No, Amanda. We got a bit more planning to do. Can you come over to my house after school?" - Leo asked.

"I'll see, I told Kyle tha-"

"Oh here we go again, we're going to prom together and you're here worrying about some Kyle?-" - Leo replied as his face got more serious now.

"Oh um, he's my friend but uhh yeah. You're right. I'm sorry. I'll come over at yours after school." - Amanda replied.

"Okay, good. I'll text you my address" - Leo said and walked away.

Oh great, I think I made him angry

*Amanda took her phone from her back pocket and started to text Kyle.*

"He's online but he's not replying? I'm worried

"He's online but he's not replying? I'm worried. I hope he's alright."

"Nah Maybe he's just busy." - Amanda thought to herself.

*Notification*
~Leo Hems shared his location with you.

"Oh I should head home and get ready now." - Amanda said getting off the campus.

*to be continued*

♡ Author's Note

Hi you all! How is the story?
Suggestions and feedbacks are always accepted!! And a vote on my chapter is very much appreciated <33

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day Luvs <3