1. The Widespread Breakup News

Of course, the news of the most popular and prettiest couple at school, Amanda and Alex breaking up spread around like wildfire. Some even made up rumours as to why they broke up.

"I heard it's because she cheated on him" - a blonde girl said to her friends looking at Amanda with disgust as she walked past the hall.

"No, it's because she's a fricking b*tch. I can't stand her attitude. Serves her right." - replied the blonde girl's friend.

"She was just with him for his money. Such a gold digger she is." - someone murmured.

Walking by, knowing that's not what happened at all. A drop of pearl-like tear rolled down Amanda's rose-pink cheeks.

Everyone envied her for being so pretty, and smart, not to mention having the hottest guy at school as her boyfriend made all the girls even more jealous of her. But deep down, she knew that having him as her boyfriend didn't do her any good. It was a toxic relationship, neither of them ever wanted to be together. Amanda was afraid to cut him off of her life, thinking he'd harm her.

Amanda was relieved when Alex finally broke up with her but she just couldn't deal with all the made-up stories and the dirty looks people gave her at school.

She already had a tough life back home. Having to look after and provide for her two younger siblings, Rachel and Louis alone at age 16 was already hard enough. Both her parents died two years ago in a tragic car accident leaving her in a debt of $26,000. She worked 3 part-time jobs, cleaned cars and did more jobs during the weekend. Even though she had to take care of a lot during her young teenage years when she should be just enjoying and goofing around like others her age, she couldn't. She managed to study, score good marks, and take care of and feed her siblings between all these.

And her school life wasn't that better either. Everyone admired her for being the most beautiful girl at school but at the same time, being beautiful was more like a curse for her, everyone was jealous of her and treated her differently. She often got bullied a lot as she was one of the "silent and quiet" popular kids. Popular for her beauty to be honest.

Her beauty attracted many guys, and by the time she was 14, she already rejected 12 guys. Everyone thought that she was so full of herself and that she rejected them because they weren't up to her standards but it was just that she couldn't deal with a relationship in between all these. She just wasn't ready for one but yet she was forced to be Alex's girlfriend at 15. That's when her life became even worse.

After the toxic relationship and this awful breakup season, she was traumatized and dared not to be close to another guy that could break her heart and misuse her like her first love, Alex.

"Why did I ever agree to be with him in the first place," she thought to herself.

Her beautiful amber eyes were still filled with tears.  She was so lost in thought that she didn't realize she had missed her classroom on the way. Amanda quickly turned back to reroute her path and *thud* she bumped into this tall boy and her books were now lying on the floor.

"I- I am extremely sorry. I didn't mean to." - Amanda murmured before she picked up her books from the floor.

This unknown guy sat on the floor and said "It's okay, beautiful." as he helped her pick up her belongings.

And that's when he noticed the tears falling from the girl's eyes that looked so magical.

"Hey, why are you crying?" he asked.

He sounded familiar but Amanda wasn't in the state to answer that, she took her books, stood up and proceeded to walk away.

The boy sure was a bit puzzled by this mysterious girl's actions.

*to be continued*

Author's Note

Hey there!! How was the first chapter?? It would mean the world to me if you could take a moment to let me know about it. (you can use the comments)

There sure are a lot of exciting things in the next chapter so stay tuned! I'll probably update it today <3 thank you for reading, have a great day!!