5 THE GINGER WITCH

LIZA GRIFFIN WASNT THE AVERAGE WITCH

LIZA GRIFFIN WASNT THE AVERAGE WITCH. sure, she dabbled in all sorts of things. but nothing ever came close to her ability to see ghosts. a medium is what they're calling it.

nothing special stood out about her, other than the fact that she had striking red hair and blue eyes to match. she was stunning, almost for her own good. yet, no one gave her the time day. except for natalia and wally, who stood unsure of the situation at hand.

wally leaned down, his lips close to natalia's ear. "can she see me?"

natalia didn't pay no mind to the proximity of the two. she leaned back a bit, pursuing her lips while her eyes remained on liza. "i have no idea." she mumbled through her lips, scared to make any sudden movement.

everyone was aware of liza. she had this sort of charm about her, one so delicate yet dangerous. her eyes were full of secret and her smile summoned the devil himself. she flaunted her style off to everyone, making sure the whole student body was aware that she was, in fact, a witch. long, black skirts and black tops to match. stitching so unique and patterned, it was damn near impossible to miss her.

she mimicked the style of stevie nicks and whatever she could find in her mothers closet. the people of the era weren't used to her eccentric style, throwing them off completely. it didn't help that the idea of witchcraft fell short, earning liza a few snickers for her passion.

yet, liza's smile never faded. in fact, it only grew whenever someone seemed frightened of her.

a low chuckle escaped her lips, causing liza to cross her arms over her chest. "of course i can see him. it's wally clark."

the duo stood in silence, however their shocked expressions were written all over their faces. natalia's eyes bulged out of her head, while wally's breath grew shallow against her neck.

"she sees you." natalia whispered, a slight smile on her lips.

"i know." wally returned the soft-spoken voice. "i think we can stop whispering now."

"please." liza rolled her eyes, shoving her crimped waves out of her face. "it's embarrassing, really."

wally cleared his throat awkwardly, flashing a genuine small at the redhead. "liza griffin, the witch we all know and love."

"can it, clark." liza spoke, taking a gander at her nails in the moonlight. "i know why i can see you. i see you all the time. i see you in your most vulnerable moments." she grinned, sending a wink toward wally. the boy couldn't help but blush, immediately running an awkward hand through his hair.

"but," liza continued, angling herself toward natalia.

natalia perked up a bit, parting her lips to speak. however, nothing came out when liza flashed a cheeky grin her way. "but?" natalia finally asked, her voice dripping in confusion.