3 CREEPING DOWN MY SPINE

NATALIA'S MUNDANE LIFE CONTINUED ON FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS

NATALIA'S MUNDANE LIFE CONTINUED ON FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. her first shift at the boiler room would begin today, after school. she wasn't excited nor prepared at all. how was she supposed to take care of the boiler room all by herself? she also knew that the janitors would be around. the girl knew they wouldn't do anything to her, but with the rise of serial killers and sudden deaths, she didn't want to take her chances.

however, she was forced to write in a log about her time in the boiler room. the head janitor would make her sign it and turn it in to principal hartman. natalia thought she was going to get away with it, but not with the clipboard of logs clinging to the nearest wall of the boiler room. natalia took a peek at it during the lunch hour.

natalia had also managed to avoid anyone who knew her relatively. she didn't look up during history, much to mr. calloway's disappointment, and refused to linger in the hallways during lunch or in between classes. she even dodged matty whenever he was in the hallways. for being who he was, natalia was truly surprised how matty always made an effort to say hi to her. she just didn't have the energy to speak to him at the moment. especially with jennifer lurking.

the final bell rang, natalia looking up in disarray. she shoved her biology textbook into her bag, relieved it was the weekend. granted, she had to spend a couple of hours down in the boiler room. but the blonde looked forward to staying up light and writing, reading or doing anything that pertained to alone time. natalia enjoyed the weekends due to the peace and quiet nature.

slinging her bag over her shoulder, natalia pushed herself out of her desk. adjusting her jeans, the blonde managed to look presentable for the day. she wore a loosely fitted white turtleneck, a brown belt tied around her waist to hug her dark jeans, her favorite pair of black boots and a puffer jacket full of color and pops. as the days went on, the weather grew colder and colder. natalia's closet was perfectly fit for winter, but when the heater in the school turned off, she would sweat bullets. another negative to the boiler room.

shoving her hands in the pockets of her jacket, she hummed softly as she walked down the hall. soft tunes played in her ear as she went to collect her things from her locker for the weekend. her lips pursed, natalia continued to hum. she unlocked her locker, opening the door in one swift motion. to her surprise, another thin piece of paper seemed to have fallen from the skies. "not again,"

instead of wasting time analyzing the hallway, natalia crouched down and quickly picked up the note. she held the paper between her fingers, a soft crimson shade spreading across her cheeks.

i see the way you glance at the photo in the hallway. does it really turn you off that much? it seems as if you can't look away.

the girl's breath grew shallow. this note seemed more personal than the first one. what picture was this person talking about? glancing around the halls, she noticed that almost every single accomplishment that occurred at this school was plastered on the wall. figuring out who wrote this would take years off of her life.