An End & A Beginning

In the morning she awoke to the warm sunbeams peering through her window. Refusing to get up at the sun's behest, she closed her eyes once more only to open them again as she felt like she was being watched.

She was right.

Kakashi was standing in her doorway silently, waiting for her to wake up.

"What the hell are you doing? That is super creepy, you know that, right?" She said, feeling like her morning had been violated by his looming presence.

Kakashi shrugged and laughed awkwardly. "Sorry, I wanted to talk to you and I didn't know when you'd get up. You were out cold."

Kaia patted her hand on her bed a few times, gesturing for him to sit down to talk.

He sat down but didn't say anything for a few minutes, he just looked out the window.

He finally looked at her and asked, "Do you remember before you left, Naruto told you he'd soon be going on a long training mission for a couple years with Master Jiraya?"

Kaia nodded, wondering what this had to do with her. She let Kakashi continue.

"I spoke with Lady Tsunade and Guy last night, about what happened in the Land of Valleys. She knows with some special training you would have better control, but without things might get a little hairy.. to put it lightly. Especially if you take more chakra than you can handle. I made a suggestion, and she actually thought it was a good idea."

Kaia raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to get to his point.

"How would you feel about an extended training mission with me? We will be gone for a long time, but you will become stronger than ever, maybe even have more control than you thought you could."

Kaia just sat there, unsure of what to say.

"It will be strong, but I must be stronger." She thought. "When do we leave?"

Kakashi scratched his head and smiling under his mask he said, "Well... two days."

"TWO DAYS?! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BE READY TO DISAPPEAR FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG IN TWO FUCKING DAYS?!"

Kakashi then vanished with nothing but an uncomfortable laugh, and a puff of smoke, knowing he had to get out of there before Kaia's temper got the best of her.

She was in shock but she shot up and began to gather what she would need for her journey. It was late in the afternoon by the time she finished and she decided she should find her friends to tell them she was leaving. It felt bittersweet, and thinking about it too much put a lump in her throat. It was hard enough knowing she wouldn't see Naruto for so long, now she had to say goodbye to everyone else. And what about Lee?

Kaia knew this was important, she wanted to get stronger for herself, and to be able to protect those she loved. Her friends would be happy for her.

She saved Lee for last when going to tell her friends, and he congratulated her profusely. He told her he couldn't wait to see how strong she will be when she comes back.

Kaia was glad it didn't make him sad, but she was also slightly bummed that he didn't seem even a little upset by her leaving.

"I have to go home to keep getting ready. I'll be home all day tomorrow, you can come by the house if you want." she said.

He smiled and said, "I would like to very much."

Kaia knew she should have given him a hug or something but she was feeling salty about his lack of disappointment. She knew it was selfish to want him to be upset, but she couldn't help it.