The Village Hidden in the Leaves

It had been three days since Kakashi, Naruto, and Rock Lee had brought the mysterious girl back from the depths of the forest.

They had both asked many questions, but none were answered. Naruto complained about the lack of information they were receiving, but Lee assured him that they must have had a good reason.

Tsunade, Kakashi, and Shizune were the only ones allowed into the room. Naruto did sneak a peek at her chart when he found the chance. All he was able to see was her name, "Kaia Hanako."

Meanwhile, lying awake in her bed, Kaia stared up at the ceiling. She had woken up a few hours ago, restrained to the bed, to keep her from hurting herself worse, or anyone else. She was in pain, and could hardly move.

Beginning to panic, she was calmed by the sight of the last person she expected to see. Although it had been years ago, Kaia knew it was him. She thought about that day often, and she never forgot his face. At least what he showed of it.

She heard the dark haired woman in the room call him "Kakashi" before she walked out to give them a moment alone. Kaia sat in thought, silently. He just stood by the door waiting for her to do or say something.

She looked over at him, he hadn't changed at all. Kaia continued to stare at him, and a few words quietly escaped from her mouth, "I never knew your name until now.."

Kakashi stepped towards her, he seemed so relaxed. "So you do remember me, then? Sorry about how we brought you here. That could've gone better, but we got you here in time." He said while removing her restraints.

"In time for what?" She asked.

Kakashi sighed and looked over towards the door as a woman walked in. "This is Lady Tsunade, she is the Hokage of our village. She is the best healer there is. She can explain things better than I can."

Kaia sat up a bit more, wincing from the pain in her side.

"Hello Lady Kaia," Tsunade smiled weakly at her. "You're lucky, that is no ordinary stab wound, whoever did it used a forbidden jutsu to curse the blade. Its purpose is to shut down someone's chakra system entirely as it spreads, and yours was heavily damaged. I've done as much as I can, but.. I'm sorry.. you may never fully recover. Your body will heal, but there's a chance your chakra network won't, and it could result in the loss of ninjutsu. We just have to see how the healing process goes, then we will have more information. I'm sorry."

Kaia sat there, in shock, unsure of whether she wanted to cry, scream, or laugh at the irony of how a younger version of herself would have given anything for this power to be taken.

She was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of Tsunade's tone becoming more stern.

"We need to ask you some questions, if you're up for it."

They spent hours asking questions. Kaia felt uncomfortable having to be so vulnerable. She didn't trust easily, and she was somewhat frightened, feeling so weak as well.

Aware that she would never escape alive if she tried to fight, she had no choice but to answer questions as best she could. They asked about the ninja who stabbed her, and she told them.

He was young, had silver hair, and wore glasses. He also seemed to have an affinity for medical ninjutsu. They mentioned the name "Kabuto" to each other when she described him.

Their suspicions were confirmed when Kaia told them he mentioned the name of the man he was to bring her to. Orochimaru.

There was no denying the shift in the air they both expressed when she said that name. Kaia felt the same concern they did. Orochimaru was behind the attack on her family the day she killed her Father. She was terrified of what he could want her for, knowing now of his experiments.