chapter six - past

TW: COMMENTS MADE THAT COULD BE TRIGGERING FOR ED

•Monroe Sinclair, 15•

"That's great, Monroe," the photographer called out, the wind from the fan in front of my face causing his voice to sound a bit more muffled than usual. "Turn your head a little to the left. Yes! Beautiful honestly, perfect, eyes on me. Fantastic! My god you're gorgeous!"

I smiled shyly, my cheeks 100% turning crimson underneath the makeup as I moved my arms into the air trying my best to come across as natural as possible. Though the sound of the photographer's praises did play in raising my confidence slightly. The waves were crashing behind the set as the camera shuttered in my face, directions being yelled out from everyone surrounding me. I tried my hardest to stay focused, to remain as calm as I could with everyone staring at me.

I hated these things with a passion, being the center of attention was never for me. At least when I was doing things with the cast, mainly Harry, I was able to dodge most of the questions and kinda react to what was happening around me. But ever since the show took off a few years ago my manager thought it was the perfect opportunity to capitalize on my other "assets".

My long legs and my wide, green eyes that he said made the seas part... whatever the hell that meant.

My eyes trained on him as he studied me, his eyes scanning my body as I stood in a small bathing suit for the new clothing company that wanted to do a collaboration with me. I originally said no, but Patrick said that if I turned this opportunity away I could pretty much kiss any chance I had at a modeling career goodbye.

Not that it really mattered to me, personally I couldn't have cared less because I had everything I could ever want or need in terms of fame and fortune. Not that I ever wanted any to begin with, this life wasn't something that I wanted at all in fact. I was always perfectly content with falling behind, being simply a background character to someone else's story.

All of this... It just kinda happened.

One minute I was at home with my dad and the next i'm in thrown into an audition room with cameras and a bunch of people in suits asking me about myself. What I liked to do for fun, how many siblings I had, if I could read and then when I said yes... suddenly a script was in my hand and I had less than an hour to learn some shitty dialogue with my
father.

Turned out we really needed the money and my dad was pretty much desperate for any sort of luck to come our way. He had just been laid off from his job — one of the many faults to being a tradesman in the big state of California — and with our luck it just so happened to be right around pilot week. My father had absolutely no idea what we needed to do, so with all the new extra time he had on his hands he made a few calls, booked me with the first agent that would take me with no experience and a man with no income. He took my headshots with an old canon camera he found lying around our small one bedroom apartment in LA and then the next time I know... well, you get the picture.