chapter three - past (interview)

•Interview with 20/20 on the set of The Best Years Behind the scenes (3rd person)•

*Camera pans through the location on set, crew members running around calling out orders. Actors being brought to their marks before the word "ACTION" is yelled over the mass amount of controlled chaos*

Interviewer to camera: As we can see here [nervous laughter]... I'm a little outside of my comfort zone today as I stand in the middle of the world's most beloved TV set, The Best Years. I've been granted never before seen access as to what goes on behind the scenes of the show that just about eight years ago, captured the world by storm. I'm here to take you along with me as two of the actors that have became some of the biggest names in the Hollywood show me around. And while they need no introduction, allow me the pleasure of introducing America's sweetheart and her leading man, Monroe Sinclair and Harry Styles.

Monroe: [Smiling wide as she waves to the camera] Hi, I'm Monroe and I play Margot on The Best Years.

Harry: And I'm Harry, I play Elliot.

Interviewer: And I'm Jennifer Banks, here with 20/20 as we take on the set of The Best Years.

~

"Cut," the cameraman announced as he moved the camera to his side. "Let's take a break Jen before we shoot the kids showing you around the set."

The trio nodded their heads before turning their attention towards one another. Monroe hoped that Jennifer wouldn't be able to tell the uneasy tension she was feeling as she slowly began to pick at the skin around her nails.

"Hey," Harry whispered as he nudged his bicep softly with her shoulder. "You alright, Ro?"

She rolled her lips together, her palms beginning to sweat as she nodded her head. "Just wasn't expecting Davis to say that is all, I've got a lot on my mind and it caught me off guard."

Harry immediately knew that Monroe struggled with anxiety, especially after everything that had happened with her father. He gave her a small smile before he quickly took his hand in her own, tracing his thumb over her knuckle slightly to calm her down. Monroe instantly felt more at ease, knowing that at the end of the day she would always have Harry and nothing would change that.

"It's really great to meet the both of you," Jennifer said as she took a look around the set. "So basically I just want you guys to do your daily routine on set, maybe explain a little bit what you're doing or where we're at. Really engage with the camera like you're talking to someone but when we do our talking points together, do your best to look at me as much as possible."

They both simply nodded their heads as Monroe smiled at the woman. Harry kept his hand on her back, drawing small circles with his finger down her spine to calm her down. She naturally leaned a little into his touch, taking instant comfort in his presence.