Chapter 9 - The Cute Kiss Scene Brings Back Memories

I quote the movie in some scenes. I just wanted to add a disclaimer that it was the writers that own the dialogue and everything about the movie, like the scenes and pictures I use. I'm just expanding on it all a bit.

~ ~ ~

Morning came, and I stood in an open veranda to the house that viewed the farm lands and mountains with the rising sunlight casting its glow over them. I learned that this very spot would be used for the film, and what a perfect view to do so. I took in and let out a deep breath of fresh morning air.

"Wow, what a dream this is..." I said as someone came out from the house and joined me.

"You're still saying that you don't believe any of this is happening?" he asked me, and I looked over at him. His black hair was down, and he had on a white tank top and silver basketball shorts.

"You going out for a run?"

He smirked in amusement. "Hey, don't change the subject. So? When are you going to believe that all this is really happening?"

"When I wake up and realize it's the day of my big interview with the film company, and my sister is banging on my door, yelling at me to get up or I'll be late."

"Did she actually do that?"

"Yes, she did. My alarm didn't go off, and I had to get ready in ten minutes, which was quite the feat since I had to shower, do my hair and makeup."

He whistled as he looked out at the farmlands and houses dotting them. "Women never cease to amaze me."

"We're part robot." We both laughed at that as we stood there, gazing at the view. "It's so beautiful out here. I wouldn't mind living here. I mean, out in the country where the air is fresh and there isn't the constant bustle of the city... That alone is a dream."

"I hear ya. I thought the same thing when I came here. Before, I've only seen pictures. But as I said..." He wrapped me up in a hug, tangling his arms into my long hair, and I smelled cologne on him. He hadn't gone out running yet. My whole body suddenly turned to pudding. "You're the most beautiful thing here."

I smiled against his chest. "Thank you. So... are we actually a thing now? I mean, I don't want to sound like we're in the nineth grade, but..."

"Boyfriend and girlfriend? You can say it."

"Okay, then. Are we boyfriend and girlfriend now?"

"I hope so. Since Jenny, I haven't felt like this for a woman. It's refreshing and wonderful."

That tickled me and made me feel incredible—him not feeling like this since his last girlfriend a few years ago. "I second that. It's the same for me."

We stood there, holding each other for a minute, and we heard the family make a ruckus inside. We reluctantly released each other. "Minh is making breakfast. Do you want to go help?"

"Don't you have to get a run in?"

"I think skipping a day wouldn't hurt."

We went on in and helped out with breakfast, and by eight o'clock, the whole cast and crew had arrived, and we were back to work. This was a big part of this movie—filming the Tết celebration. The very house Scott and I stayed in was turned into a film set, as well as the vicinity around it. The whole area started to smell of incredible food. The actors got to take part in making it, and it would be filmed.

"Hey," I greeted Thanh as we were in the house, and cameras were set up, and several crew members and a few of the cast were inside to do the scene.

"Hey. So, I saw you talking with Scott earlier..." She nudged me and gave me a sly look.