Chapter 8 - Nighttime in the Country Produces Heated Feelings

The sun set over the countryside, and stars twinkled in the sky. The whole day was spent filming various scenes that take place in the countryside, so there wasn't a spare moment for any of us, other than meal breaks, and the day scenes weren't even all done! We would film the night scenes, then tomorrow, the day scenes would be filmed, like the Tết celebration with the Thach family.

Cast and crew members had made the decision to stay overnight here in the country or go back to the city to their nice hotel rooms. Most of them chose to go back after the night scene around the campfire was through.

The first was still going as people were saying "goodbye" and "until tomorrow," and things like that

The first was still going as people were saying "goodbye" and "until tomorrow," and things like that. Rachael gave me a hug before heading out, with a quick whisper to talk to Scott.

Yes, I knew that. But I didn't know if he was staying or going. I had to ask him. We never talked for the whole day since all of us were so busy. I clasped my hands behind my back as I walked up to him as he was talking with some guy from the crew, and they were speaking English, so I understood them talking about this other man's experience with camping with his family.

"Yeah, so my family wouldn't forgive me if I didn't stay overnight," the man said. "It's what we do. They would love it here. This place really has an effect on you."

"You got that right," said Scott. "I'm planning on staying overnight. The family who owns the house said I'm welcome to stay in their spare room."

"Perks of being one of the leads," said the man, elbowing his arm. "So, I heard that you weren't going to stay originally."

He shrugged as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Yeah, I wasn't, but someone changed my mind."

"Someone?" asked the man, a brow raised. "A woman someone?"

Scott smiled sheepishly. "I admit, yes. A woman has everything to do with it. Someone told me she's staying overnight, so I decided to also."

My mouth opened, surprised at this. I came closer, and that was when the men saw me. The other man cleared his throat, patted Scott's shoulder, then was off. He probably surmised that I was the woman.

"You stayed because of me?" I asked, smiling. "I'm flattered."

"You shouldn't be surprised."

"I'm not. So... you're staying with this family?"

"Yes. And Chris just now had a point. They said that they've never met an actor before and wanted one to stay with them in their house. Where are you staying?"

"A couple friends and I packed a tent."

His brows creased. "Oh, no. You're not staying in a tent."

"You said roughing it, didn't you? Staying in a tent is roughing it."

"How about I trade you the room for the tent?"

I smiled at his chivalry. "Really, it's okay. I've been camping before."