Chapter 5 - The Colorful Night Scene in Hoi An

I tossed various outfits out of my temporary closet and onto the bed. I groaned when I couldn't figure out what to wear. Brittany only laughed through the screen as she watched me do this. It was around 6am her time, and she had just gotten up.

"Don't laugh at me! This is a serious predicament here!"

"You know, no matter what you wear, he'll think you're beautiful. C'mon, already. Just agree with me when I say that Scott is totally in love with you by now. It's been, what, five days since you two met?"

"He's a good friend right now, and..." I recalled all the times he smiled at me, spent time with me, complimented me... "Okay, maybe you're right. I mean about him having some sort of feelings for me, but I highly doubt that he's in love with me. He thinks me cute, and beautiful at best."

She ran her hands down her face and moaned in annoyance. She did that whenever she felt I wasn't getting something. "Soph, he took a video of you as you were walking out of the ocean dripping wet. How do you think he captured that moment? He was already holding his phone up to capture you! A man who's in love with a woman does that."

I took up a yellow shirt that was cute and sleeveless. "Well... I saw him hold up his phone while I was taking out the round boat that time."

I had told her about that also. "Yes! That's exactly my point! And what about the elevator? He was so going to kiss you! He said something very sweet to you before, and then you two just stood there in that small room, gazing at each other. Or more, he was gazing at your lips."

She winked, and I sat down on the bed and let out a groan in dismay. "I have no idea what I'm going to do. He's the nicest, hottest, sexiest man I have ever met, and he may be interested me."

"You got it, girl. And he's older, which makes him even more sexy. Man... I wish I was in your shoes."

"I would love it if you were here with me so we both could experience all this. And maybe you could find a hot Vietnamese man for yourself. They love foreigners."

She blushed and waved a hand dismissively. "Psht. I'm not as into Asian men as you are. Although... Scott is a definite exception. That man makes the sun sweat."

I laughed. "You got that right." I held up the yellow shirt to myself. "Would this be too much? It dips a little, and it's sleeveless."

"Smoking. Pair it with that flowy purple skirt. With your hair, you would look like pretty pansy."

I dropped the shirt. "Forget it. I'll just wear this pink shirt and skinny jeans."

"That's cute, too. You can show off your figure for Scott to notice. No, he's noticed it, definitely. Like I said before, he's had the hots for you from the beginning. I bet he first saw you on that street as you were talking with Rachael Leigh Cook, and his brows rose. He thought, 'Wow, what a beautiful woman! I have to go and meet her and use Rachael as an excuse.'"

I snickered. I hoped that was true.  "Who knows?"

"I bet that's how it went. Love at first sight. So, where are you all going tonight for the night scenes?"

"We going to this really cute and pretty area of Hoi An, a town about twenty minutes from here. The scene is supposed to be this hidden area that's lit with colorful lights and decorated with all sorts of Asian decorations for the Vietnamese new year. I really can't wait to see it. There's a river running through it, and you can float colorful boxes on it that have candles in them called lanterns. The tradition is to make a wish and set the candle off, then once the light goes out, the wish will come true. Also, they believe that floating off the lanturn will bring health and happiness."