Chapter 4: Conflict.

Mono rushes with his arms clutching the axe towards Six with unnatural speed. His darkened, static eyes sharpen and fill with anger toward the girl. He clenches his teeth so hard that they might drip blood soon. And each step makes a hard slap and burst the Glitches that evaporate water instantly. Yet, she stands firm in her stance. Both arms are covered in strange dark particles that shape like oversized clawed hands clutching. Her hair is drenched by the pouring rain and still partly reveals her face to his eyes.

Six is determined, and her face shows neither fear nor sorrow once have. Only determination. It's as if she honestly regretted that moment. That only makes Mono more uncomfortable as he thinks about it. It disgusts him.

The boy instantly swings his axe at the moment her body is in his range. And he aims for the head, the fastest way to end this.

Six easily evades the heavy swing by simply kneeling down and then firmly grabs Mono's neck and shoulder, making him lose balance and trip nearby, dropping the axe in the process.

That hurts!

The thought appears and vanishes as Mono stands up on his feet. He then grabs the weapon and is ready for another strike. That, however, is promptly interrupted by Six, who grasps his shoulder and the hand on the giant hatchet.

"Mono..." The girl considerately calls for his name, which doesn't fit well with the situation they're in at all. "Do you remember anything from the place?" And asks such an irresponsible question.

"WHAT?!"

Mono vigorously throws Six's hands away as the boy swings the axe once more. The girl still calmly dodges and keeps her distance right after.

"You left me there to rot inside that cursed place, and the second thing you ask after saying 'sorry'..." The boy mocks the last word with a slight giggle. "...is asking HOW I FELT BEING THERE!?!"

The girl shows empathy towards his sentence as if she understood such things. That makes his memories about how their last journey ended conflicts with the information he currently sees.

Suddenly, an unbearable headache knocks his head and has an effect on his vision and stability. He kneels down on one leg and has to hand on the axe to keep himself from falling over.

This hurts so much. An excruciating pain that he familiarly knows when he gets inside the Signal Tower the second time. And this, by no means, is a physical pain but the other types. Now that Six's sudden empathy makes him wonder the reason why she didn't pull him up at THAT moment.

"..."

The boy stays silent, holding his body against the discomfort inside. His vision is filled with the radiant blue glitches of his weapon and the concrete.

Lifting his head enough to observe the person approaching him, Mono looks closely at Six's face once more. Now, it's filled with concern, which is an act of kindness to him. And that makes him raise a question.

Why didn't she show such expression in their last interaction? On the moment she left him there? In that way, it'd have let him think she had some reasons to do such action.

However, that's just an assumption, in contrast to the reality he faces.

That makes his heart boil.

WHY WOULD SHE SHOW SUCH AN EXPRESSION NOW?!

His thought quickly goes astray from the thoughtful and leaves way for more extreme ones.

Then, he thinks about it, nothing more than a guess, but it quickly makes him act.