Chapter 2: A cozy place.

"Why is he here so soon?" The teen wonders as the person steps inside to avoid the heavy rain.

"What's wrong?"

The person in question is Sisuo, who is not much older than him, wearing a long-sleeved gray coat with light red outlines on the shoulders and wrists, paired with a blue icon of an eagle on the left arm. Oceanic lines stretch from the top to the bottom end. And inside is a casual navy blue shirt. The topaz trousers they wear have the same eagle icon, where radiant gray lines cross through, with something in the pocket. On this wrist is a device similar to Shichi's.

"Hey."

However, what's the most noticeable about the person is his face. A shining metallic jaw-shaped mask hangs from one head's side to another, with visible nodes on each end. And to add to the strangeness, the person's left eye is pure white with a big scar striking through, which gives off an ominous look, unusual features of a Support Department teacher. And the other one shines a golden light through the darkness inside. A radiant Justice.

He must find a way to...

"OW!" A sudden pain in his forehead wakes Shichi up from his thoughts.

"Hey." The teacher puts his coat on a stand, dripping droplets. "You're daydreaming again. What's wrong?"

Shichi looks at the adult shortly before shaking his head. "Oh...It's nothing." And proceeds to close the door while surprised inside. "Wait. He isn't here for the Surge? Or..."

"Oh. How's Eri and the Otherworlder, Nome King?" The teacher walks towards the light switch as he says so. The light switches on, radiating the ground level. "And how's the other girl's condition?"

Shichi instantly cringes upon hearing that name. And the little Nome under his feet steps back slightly due to its leader's anger.

"Rascal King. That name..."

"I have told you multiple times already." Shichi suddenly shows annoyance and slight anger, seemingly forgetting the question from the teacher. "I am..."

"Yeah. Yeah. I know. I know." The teacher says as if he has been in this situation numerous times. "Nomes Emperor. Though that doesn't sound any better." A slight giggle can be heard behind the big jaw.

The boy is about to say something before the adult changes the topic.

"Anyways, let's move to the main point. How are they?"

Shichi sighs internally, letting the "insult" slide. After all, he is forever teased by the teacher.

"They are sleeping tight and safe, along with other girls," Shichi reports as he points at the girls' elevator behind him. "And they are quite obedient and don't have any suspicious actions...yet."

The teacher thinks to himself as the boy waits for his reaction while looking around for any traits that may reveal Mono.

"Oh SHIT!" And that's when he sees it. The noddles cups. The Nomes haven't disposed of them, which are still inside the sink. And it doesn't take much from someone to figure there's another person, especially the ones who know he isn't a person that is keen to eat much.

And unlucky for him, one of those is right in plain sight, taking refuge from the storm. Though he doubts that the adult's intention is just that.

"So, do you want to have a drink? I can make you tea if you want some." Shichi says as he moves with Soraka the Nome to get the yellow tea from the cupboard above the sink.

Suddenly, his hand is pulled rapidly. The Nome also jumps at the sudden sight of the teacher, who grabs his hand, a shocked face followed by a mix of angry and slightly frightening eyes.