Chapter 30

Silas

Jonah

     Miss Samson is home now.

Thank you for updating me Jonah.
You can go home now, Alette and I will
be heading to London tomorrow so I won't
be needing you for the next week.

Have a good Christmas Jonah.

     Thank you sir, I hope you both have a good
     Christmas too.

Jonah's text puts me at ease as I know she's home safe now.

I try and get back to finishing off the stock budgeting for the club that has seemingly taken me all day to try and finish it.

My head is all over the place today.

I knew that the conversation about my scar was going to be brought up eventually but that doesn't make it any easier.

I know Alette is nothing but loving and supportive and isn't going to judge me at all but I can't help but feel shame whenever the memories are brought back up again. Memories I've tried to bury.

My phone chimes again breaking my thought cycle and I see that Jonah has text me again.

Jonah

    I hope this isn't overstepping sir but
    Miss Samson seemed rather upset earlier.
    I just thought you should know.

Reading those words is like a punch to the gut. Knowing I've upset my girl wrecks me inside but I just couldn't face having that conversation just yet.

One day Alette will know all about my past but right now is not the time, so I did what I had to do; avoid her and wait for it to blow over.

I left Jonah on read, not even having a clue what to respond with considering I'm the exact reason she's upset right now.

I'll send her some flowers, that'll make her happy. Although I will have to order them tomorrow morning and try to get them delivered before I get to hers to pick her up considering its 9:30pm right now and everywhere will be shut.

My eyes are starting to burn from staring at the computer screen for so long but I'm trying to stay focused and get as much work done as possible. I tell myself it's so that I don't have to do much over the Christmas period and I can just focus on Alette, but I know really it's just an attempt to distract me from the burning pit of guilt that's forming in my stomach.

I'm in such a work daze that I barely recognise the office phone ringing.

Frowning as I pick up the phone I slowly raise it to my ear in confused as to who could possibly be phoning me at work at night.

"Yes" I grunt.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!?" An angry woman's voice continues to shout down the phone at me as my brain scrambles to figure out who it is that's talking, but I come up short as I can't seem to hear through the woman's anger.

"Who is this?" I clench my jaw to keep my own anger at bay.

"I'm the woman that's going to slice your balls off, feed them to you and watch as you slowly choke to death, that's who I am" she's whisper shouting down the phone but her seething anger is a message I receive loud and clear, especially when it clicks as to who this is.

"Georgia" I say whilst sighing.

"Correct dickhead. Now want to tell me why my best friend came home crying her eyes out and could barely get her words out"