Chapter 7

Alette

"Georgia when I tell you I saw a literal angel today, I mean it" I shout running towards her the second I get through the door and spot her sitting on the sofa with her phone in her hand.

"Um what? Does that mean that you died or something? I don't get it" Georgia stares down at me raising her eyebrows as I sprawl out to lay on the sofa with my head in her lap.

"No George I'm not dead, I just met my super scary, super sexy boss today and I can definitely confirm the super sexy part. Oh my god Georgia I've never seen a man so beautiful before" I dreamily answer her remembering those warm, dark honey coloured eyes.

"Oh. My. God. Tell me everything" Georgia gasps as she shifts underneath me forcing me to sit up and curl into the corner of the sofa adjacent to her.

"Ugh I made such a fool of myself! I was watering my plants when he coughed to let me know he was there and I spilt water on the floor and gawked at him like an idiot and then when I finally snapped out of it I started rambling and wiped his shoes because I got them wet. Could I be any more embarrassing?" I smack my hands over my face to cover up my embarrassment when I think of my first encounter with my boss.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad, he probably thought it was cute" Georgia tries to reassure me but it doesn't work and I just grunt in return.

"Was that everything then? He just walked off after that or did he shout at you or something?" She adjusts herself so she's facing me more, resting her head on her hand.

I think about our close encounter outside of the conference room and I can feel the blush spread up my neck to my face as I try to hide my growing smile before Georgia sees, but of course nothing gets past her.

"Oh my god something else happened! What was it?! Did he shout at you? Just say the words Al and I'll give him a piece of my mind" Georgia starts to get prepared for a fight in her mind so I quickly interrupt her before she starts getting the boxing gloves on.

"No G he didn't shout, thank god I don't think I would survive that. But he did kind of, I don't know..." I pause not really knowing how to explain it "...flirt with me" I say tentatively just as Georgia's jaw drops in shock.

"WHAT!! How could you not start with that? What did he say? What did he do?" She squeals her way through the questions getting more and more excited.

"Well he called after me and he put his arm around my waist and whispered in my ear that a woman like me should never be on her knees for a man unless its in the bedroom" I say speaking through my hands as I rest my hand on my cheeks.

"He said that?" Georgia gapes at me.

"More or less yeah, I think he was just trying to intimidate me to tell me off for the whole spilling water thing without actually shouting at me" I try to reason with her.

"No. He fucking fancies you Ally" she looks at me with a determined look, as if she knows this for a fact.

"Absolutely not. There is no way a man like that would want anything to do with a girl like me. And that's not even me being insecure, that's just being realistic" I explain to her as I start to get up moving around the room acting like I'm tiding up so that I can distract myself from the grilling I'm about to get.

"Oh shut up Ally, have you seen yourself! Not only that but you're one of the best people I know if not the best, my mum just might have beaten you to that title but only because she did birth me" I laugh at her before heading to the kitchen to grab some food.

"But seriously Al you're stunning and anyone would be lucky to have you"

"Thanks George, but really I didn't mean it in a self-deprecating way or anything I just mean that he's just so beautiful and way out of my league" I pop a cherry tomato into my mouth as I start to work on making dinner for the both of us.