Ch 4

As the day progressed it was time for all the college students to head home or to their dorms. I was too excited to meet Kuboyasu at front of the gates that I dashed out of the room and slipped my way pass all the people. I might have arrived faster then I thought, seeing that Kuboyasu wasn't here yet. Should I get a drink from the vending machine while I wait? As I was about to start heading to the vending machine I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey! Kaidou, you got here earlier then I expected!" He teased with a soft smile.

"Haha, so it seems! Can you wait here while I get something to drink?" I asked looking for the two dollars in my book bag. "Lemme come with you." He nudged my shoulder walking ahead of me. "Alright but only if you want!" I grinned as I followed behind.

We stood in front of the vending machine while Kuboyasu patiently waited for me. "Jeez don't tell me your gonna get the same nasty peached flavored drink.." he teased as he let out a slight chuckle.

"It's not nasty!" I stuck my tounge out at him as I pressed the button for my favorite drink.

"Alright all set! Let's go!" I smiled as I stood up quickly.

It was a peaceful walk as him and I walked down the street. He hadn't notice that I've been stealing glances at him each chance I got. I took a big sip from my drink feeling dehydrated as I savored the flavor.

"You really don't like this drink?" I asked out of curiosity but also trying to get rid of the silence.

"Tch blahh no way, I hate peach flavor" He made a disgusted face as he playfully pushed me away.

"Awe c'mon, it's not that bad! Have a taste!" I teased as I threw myself onto him wavering the drink in front of his face. "HAHA! NO WAY DUDE, THAT THINGS GROSS!" He laughed, struggling to push the drink away from his face. "Haha I'm only kid-" I was interrupted as he stole the drink from my hand.

"If I take one sip from this you better not wave this nasty drink in my face again!" He laughed as he took a waterfall. I gently nudged his arm making some of the drink spill on his face and drip down to his shirt.

He choked on the drink, struggling to clear his throat. He gave me a 'how dare you look'

"GAHHH IM SORRY!" I laughed as I took off running "DAMNIT! THIS WAS MY FAVORITE SHIRT TOO!" He laughed as he chased after me. I tried outtrunning him but he was too fast for me and I'm not am not an athletic person. He and I was panting as he wrapped his arm around me putting me in a headlock "Jerk, that's why I threw your drink away!" He laughed as he ruffled my hair "YOU WHAT?! That was such a waste!" I whined as I playfully pushed off me.

"Your hairs softer then it looks.." he changed the subject rather quick as he slowly reached out his hand toward my head.

"Uh- eh-" I stuttered as I felt his fingers run thru my hair. His fingertips were cold. My heart was racing and my face was starting to heat up. I didn't want him to see my face so I continued to stare at the ground. "Hm? What's up?" He asked as he slightly kneeled down to my height. He tilted his head as his hair was hanging down, blowing from the air by the slight breeze. His hair also looked silky and soft, it looks like my fingers could just slip right thru them. He and I was holding eye contact as his eyes softened a little.

"U-um" I stuttered as I couldn't maintain eyencontact, it was such an awkward moment. I was interrupted from my thoughts as I heard the sound of the train approaching.

"OH SHOOT THE TRAIN!" He shouted taking my hand as he ran. I stared at the back of his head as he took the lead with my face still feeling hot to the point my mind felt fuzzy, we ran so fast yet it felt like our surroundings and even us was moving in slow motion. Luckily we made it at the last minute before the train doors closed. He and I was struggling to catch our breath as he let out a soft laugh. "Whew! Haha that was close!"