Chapter 5

James knocked on the door of room 12, Dr. Swann behind him. Moments later, Q opened the door.

"Dr. Swann, Q. Q, Dr. Swann." James said, making a quick introduction.

"Hello." Dr. Swann said.

"Enchanted." Said Q in return, before turning away and saying, "Bond, we need to talk. Alone."

"She knows." James said, looking out the sliding glass door.

"But Bond—" Q started.

"She knows. Now wha—" James started before a knock on the door cut him off.

Q looked at him, then strode over to the door and opened it to find Vesper.
"You found it." James said, looking back at her.

"Yes, well I would've been here sooner if you gave me actual directions. Or a time." She said, striding past Q.

"Umm, who are you?" Q asked, startled to why this mysterious woman knew Bond or where he was.

"Vanessa Lewis, 0014." Vesper said, looking over at Q.

James snorted from the corner.
"Anything you'd like to share with the class, Mister Bond?" Vesper said, turning quickly to face him.

"They couldn't give you a better one? I mean really, it's not that hard to put it together?" James said, trying not to laugh.

"You're one to talk "Mickey Mouse"." Vesper retorted.

"Oh my apologies, Miss Broadchest."

"Really, Mr. Beech?"

Q and Dr. Swann continued watching them bicker like an old married couple until Q spoke up and said, "I'm sorry, but what is this about?"

"Her name isn't really Vanessa Lewis." James said. Vesper then shot him a scornful glare. "Well it's not." He defended.

"James, you know as well as I do, that name and woman died nine years ago. Now we're done with it." She said, ending the conversation before turning to Q and saying, "What did you find out?"
Q stared at her for a moment before looking at James. He nodded that it was okay, and said, "I owe you an apology, 007. You are onto something. Oberhauser is still alive. The ring proves it. And it seems the were all part of one organization." James and Vesper moved closer to the laptop as to be able to see the screen. Vesper gave a slight shiver, barely noticeable by James, at the sight of Le Chriffre. "Le Chiffre, Quantum, Sciarra, your friend Mr. Silva. And do you know who links them all?" Q asked.

"Him." James said simply.

"Exactly."

"This organization, do you know what it's called?" James asked.

"Spectre." Dr. Swann and Vesper said together. James looked up at Vesper, and then Madeleine.
"It's name is Spectre." Dr. Swann said.

"How does she know that?" Q asked James.

"Because my father was part of it." Dr. Swann said. James nodded and then turned to Vesper and asked, "And you? How do you know it's name?"

Vesper gave a smug smirk and said, "I've been stationed in Rome for the last nine years, you really think I wouldn't be following Quantum?"

"Then I think the two of you ought to see this." Q said, using the television remote to turn it on.

A CNN news report showed smoke coming from a building on a coast with the caption, "CAPE TOWN IN CHAOS" on the bottom of the screen.

"Q, go back to London. M's gonna need you help. And keep tracking me." James said, moving closer to the screen.

"I will." Q said, packing his computer into his bag. "And, Bond, you have to find L'Americain. He's our only link to Oberhauser." Continued Q.

"It's not a person. It's a place." Dr. Swann said.

"Where?" Vesper asked.

"It's a hotel in Tangier. My parents went every year, and eventually they brought me. My father continued going, even after the divorce. Room 16." Dr. Swann said, looking at her.

"Good, go into hiding Dr. Swann. Find somewhere new and stay under the radar." James said. Dr. Swann nodded and left. "Vanessa," James said the name as if it left a bad taste in his mouth. "we'll go to L'Americain."

"I bloody hope I'm going with you." Vesper stated, "I'll be in the car. Don't be too long." She said, walking out.

It was just Q and Bond in the room now.

"I wasn't aware 0014 existed." Q stated, still packing up his bag.

"Neither was I. Not until a few nights ago." James said.

"How did you find her?" Q asked.

"She found me, actually. In Rome. She pulled up in a black car and told me to get in, I didn't know then." James said.

"She calls you "James", why?" Q asked, as he had never any MI6 agent other than Moneypenny call 007 by his first name.

"That's how she knew me. We met each other for the first time a long time ago. She knew me first and foremost as James Bond, and I knew her by her original name." James said, before quietly saying to himself under his breath, "her real name."

"And the comments about her original name being dead and Quantum?" Q asked.

"That's classified, Q. I'm sorry." James said, "Go back to London and help M. I'll contact you when I can." And he left, leaving a confused Q alone.