His Princess: Finale

AERI

It's nearly the end of his shift.

And I look up from the watch on my wrist, an excited smile teasing at the corners of my lips as I glimpse Taehyung through the windows of the flower shop. He looks busy— the storeowner, who was a friend of Rin's mother's, works him like the devil.

My feet softly tap against the ground as I watch him, with an armful of dark violet flowers.

Who would've ever thought.

At first, he'd taken it up only because it allowed him to be as closest to my workplace as possible.

But now a month had passed, and I think he found himself liking it more than he would've thought in the first place.

The owner is a middle-aged, kindly woman. She was sweet to him, and didn't hesitate to work him hard even if she knew his background as a Skyground-bred street fighter. And I think Taehyung had warmed up to her, from when he used to quietly complain about how she practically gave him no breaks.

My eyes glint.

He's closing up the store. And the entire time he helps her, I watch him through the glass. He's so focused he doesn't notice me leaning against the pole of the streetlight until the door's been locked and secured for the night.

His dark eyes fix on me.

And the exhaustion simply melts away from his face. He instantly swerves towards my direction, his footsteps rushed against the asphalt.

I open my arms, just in time for his broad figure to envelope mine. His arms tighten around my shoulders and waist, and his voice is breathless.

"Aeri."

In the corner of my eye, I see the woman hide a smile as she takes her gaze off the two of us, before heading her way.

He starts to litter kisses on my lips and jaw.

I laugh, shoving him away.

"That tickles," I murmur, a bit of embarrassment flushing my cheeks at the way she had looked at us. "I came to walk you home, not get bombarded like this."

He smells so fragrant. The aroma of flowers is deep into his skin and clothes, surrounding him as he pulls a brow and intertwines his fingers against mine.

His voice is lush.

"If you came then you automatically gave agreement."

I bite down a smile. "Don't think that's how it works, Kim Taehyung."

He steals one last kiss. And we walk down the path towards our apartment, hands tight to each other's the entire time. He keeps playing with the wedding band around my ring finger.

"I want to stay up late tonight."

"But I'm tired," I say, faking a yawn. "I really—"

Then I hear a faint round of yelling.

It's so familiar.

Taehyung starts to turn his head towards the sound. But before he can, I quickly pull him forward so that he can't see the Ring anymore. There had been two fighters on it.

"You know what? I'm actually not that tired anymore." I say, tugging him along until we're far enough away. "Do we have lemonade in the house?"

He laughs.

"Lemonade?"

"Yeah, just in case we get thirsty."

At this point I'm just saying random shit.