S/E/V/E/N

The person easily made they're way through the gawking teenagers and I finally got a closer look at them. His hair was tied up in a bun and his hands, as always, were tucked in his baggy cargo pants and a graphic tee laid underneath his zip up hoodie. His piercings stood out prominently against his scowling face. "He never attends parties, why the hell is he here?" A girl who I didn't know whispered amongst her friends. He scanned the room and hopeful people tried catching his eyes. He's eyes kept looking until they caught mine. We stood looking at each other. He's scowl softened or maybe the alcohol was playing tricks on me. Probably the latter. I felt fuzzy, my vision solely focused on him. Alystair. I couldn't help but wink. It always worked, and I had a knack for seeing people flustered. I shamelessly enjoyed it. In the middle of the haze alystair chose to walk away from the staring crowd. Dazed, I found Zoren walking towards me with wide eyes. "you weren't joking, what exactly say to him?"  I shrugged, "I just told him to come that's all." She looked at me with confusion. "Romen I don't think you understand." She exhaled before continuing, "i know my brother better than anyone and even I'm surprised. He never, in all the years we've been to this school, he never attends parties. Not even once." She latched her hands onto her knees from being out of breath after speaking. Maybe it's because of the alcohol but the gravity of the situation didn't dawn on me, not even after she explained.

I walked over to the kitchen in hopes of downing another drink and met Alystair there. "You came." I said closely to his ear, directly behind him. "You like stating the obvious don't you." He hoarsely replied after drinking whatever was in his cup without turning around. "Why did you?" I asked because i was just as confused as Zoren. He turned around and we we're face to face now, little distance between us. "You did say i should come didn't you?" He asked as if it was the simplest answer in the world but it wasn't, not even in the slightest. "What are you drinking?" I asked to switch the topic because clearly he wasn't going to give me an honest answer. "Water, you should try it, has many health benefits." He replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes but smiled a bit. "So you don't drink." He visibly stiffened but regained his composure. "No I don't." 

You're wearing nothing but my t shirt. The music blared throughout the house. I grabbed his arm without thinking but not without a fight. "What are you doing?" He harshly spat. "I don't dance Romen, if that wasn't already obvious" i pulled us to the middle of the dance floor, people easily creating a path. Their attention focused solely on us and I don't blame them. I danced and urged him to join me. Call me shallow but I'm only getting weaker. He stood still with that frown on his face. That stupid frown. I walked around him and placed my chest against his back and sung. "I'm about to take you back to church." He turned around catching me off guard. We were mere inches away from one another.

"How do you even enjoy such things?" Pure confusion spread across his face, it was hilarious. "To avoid thinking." The truth casually rolled off my tongue. If I was in my right mind i would have never said that, but I clearly wasn't. "Thinking? what could possibly be inside that dense head of yours?" He's words were laced in mockery.

"Too much Alystair." My voice cracked when i brought my mouth to his ear. "Come on." He demanded with the flick of his head, demanding, but I'd expect nothing less of him. Buzzed out of my mind I let him lead the way. Everyone partied as if it was never going to end and Zoren and Zainab were grinding on each other like animals. We walked up a flight of stairs and Alystair kept opening a bunch of rooms but was met with the primal urges of teenagers.

"Disgusting." He'd mutter as he'd open the doors.

We found an empty one and locked the door behind us, don't need any horny people stumbling in here. I slumped on the bed and he stood by the desk a few inches away from me. "Why'd you come?" I tried him again. He sighed but spoke, "would you have preferred i stayed in my room?" I shook my head and switched the topic. "Let's play a game." He raised an eyebrow. I got up and crossed my legs on the bed. "21 questions." He moved towards the bed. "Why would i do that?" He asked, almost offended. "Because you want to get to know me?" I said as more of a question. He scoffed, "no I don't, I have no interest in you." I stood up and stalked towards him. "Really?" I lowly asked, scared my voice would escape the room. "Yeah really." He stood in place arrogantly. "Then why did you come?" I stood painfully close to him. He looked me dead in the eye and exclaimed "I.was.bored." He backed away, "I'll play your stupid game when your sober, I promise." He mumbled the last part softly. "Why not now, wouldn't you be happy if i didn't remember your answers?" Most people would. "I want you to remember Romen, I'm really not as bad of a person as you think or hear,I don't know." He threw his head back in agitation, avoiding eye contact. "I didn't say you're bad person Alystair." I felt offended by his accusation. "Yeah well, I want you to have your own opinion of me. Not someone else's." His eyes were hooded, desperately clinging to his facade.

My favourite chapter, i just want to get into this and give them a big hug.

Comment and vote!! :)

LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE 20 READS AND VOTES THIS HAS GOTTEN!!!!