17

i entered a contest and got a participant award :)

also, i apologize in advance for this long and somewhat emotional chapter

WARNING

there are only 3 chapters of the main story left.

also the amount of song references in this chapter i cant

***

"H-hyung..."

Minho whirled around, his eyes wide in concern. "Sungie?"

The two boys were now walking to Jisung's house to set up for his birthday party, but for some reason, Jisung had stopped and was now clutching the left side of his chest, whimpering.

"Y-you were right, hyung, it is like someone is dumping a bucket of cold water on you," Jisung shivered, a bead of sweat sliding down his forehead.

Oh fuck, Minho cursed.

"My soulmate's been feeling, um, a little irritated today..." Jisung murmured, "and a bit disappointed. And maybe sad?" his face fell. "I hope they're ok..."

Fuuuuuuuck, Minho clenched his fists. Dammit, my emotions are affecting Jisung. I need to stop. I need to conceal, don't feel, don't let him know. But even if I do, wouldn't Jisung feel it no matter what? Ugh, fucking soulmates. I have no privacy....

"I'm sure they are," Minho said gently. "Don't worry about it, your soulmate is probably just having a bad day."

I'm sort of thankful that Jisung is oblivious as fuck...

"Yeah, probably." Jisung's smile returned, and they resumed walking.

***

Knock knock knock.

Jisung flung open the door to reveal Chan and Jeongin. "Hey, you wanna come in?"

"'Course we do, it's cold out here." Jeongin grumbled, stepping inside and passing Jisung a wrapped box. "Happy birthday, hyung."

"Aww, thanks Innie!" Jisung ruffled the junior's hair. "Hey, Chan hyung!"

"'Sup mate, happy sweet-sixteenth." Chan nodded in greeting. "Are we the first ones here?"

"No, Minho hyung is in the kitchen getting the snacks ready. But other than him, yeah." Jisung informed them.

Ah, Minho, huh? Chan smirked. "Have you found your soulmate yet?"

Jisung deflated. "No, not yet. And...it's not Felix. I mean, I knew that already, but I felt a little disappointed when I confirmed it. My soulmate's been having a rough day, though. Ugh, I should give up at this point."

Chan shrugged. "A little too early to give up, mate. You'll find someone that you'll love more than Felix. It may seem impossible now, but trust me, there's going to be a person in your life that's going to treat you better, understand you better, and love you better. Okay?"