1

_____

Glasses clinked and civilians were into their conversations. Women flirted with bartenders beside us, batting their eyelashes and twiddling their thumbs. The atmosphere was strained, and tense. It almost felt like I was being watched.

Genevieve tapped, maliciously, on her phone.

She wore a tight fitted mustard yellow long spaghetti strapped dress, her nails were short french manicured, her chestnut hair in a purposely messy clip updo. Her lips a glossy pink, with sparkly cut-crease eyeshadow and, highlighted cheekbones.

He eyebrows arched, almost as if she was angry at whoever she was texting.

"Gen, what's wrong?" I lean closer, making sure she could hear me over the chatter in the vicinity.

She took a few seconds to reply.

"uh.." She hopped up from the bar stool. "Everything's fine. I'll just have to see you later." She rushes out the front exit of the bar."

"Wait- Where are you going?" I try to catch up with her even though I wasn't exactly an expert at walking in heels, let alone running.

Holding my clutch in my left hand, I sigh, dropping my arm and turning back around to where I had previously been seated.

Where had she gone? We were supposed to be rooming together since she spoke Scots and I hadn't.

I pulled out my phone, holding the power button, only for an empty battery symbol to pop onto the black screen.

I glance around, making eye contact with an older looking man with a few grey hairs and glasses a few tables away from me. Immediately, breaking eye contact I look for an unoccupied bartender, all of which seemed to be busy gawking over women.

I stroll around the area moving out the way of people who were speaking, searching for anyone who didn't seem to be busy, or insanely drunk.

A man with a black balaclava sat alone, watching his surroundings. He had a leather jacket on top of a black shirt, with jeans. His dark brown eyes pierced through me, once he finally turned in my direction.

"Excuse me..Do you know where the nearest hotel is?" I ask him, trying to keep my composure, although my anxiety was killing me.

He turns his whole body towards me, leaning his arm on the bar counter in front of him; A glass of clear alcohol in front of him. He pointed above me causing me to turn around.

"Out that exit, walk straight about 3 blocks, take a left, two more blocks and there's one to your right." He instructed, blankly, an accent heavy in his words.

I pause, attempting to memorize this.

"Thank you so much." I turn around, beginning to try to exit the building.

I walk forward a few steps before being stopped completely.

"Wait." I hear the man's voice from behind me.

I rotate, facing him once again. He had leaned up now, staring at something over me, before locking eyes with me.

"Are you here alone?" He asks,

I hesitate, looking around me for if anyone was watching us.

"yeah.." I thought about if I should've said this or not.

"You have a secret admirer." He nods, making me turn around, spotting that same grey haired man from a few minutes ago. He stared at me, beginning to smirk a bit.

I scrunch my face, feelings a pit in my stomach.

"Do you have a ride at-least?" He questions, leaning back in the seat.

I shake my head, resulting in a sigh from him.

"Let me take you." He suggests.

I hold my own arm, about to say no in response. I wasn't an idiot. I don't even know this mans name.

But at the same time, I was being watched by another guy as-well, one who very evidently didn't have good intentions.

"I'm in the military, if that makes you feel any better..." He softens his eyes, pulling a badge from his pocket.

I examine it in his gloved hands,

'Simon Riley'

before looking back up at his concealed face.

"fine" I give in, shifting my legs anxiously, holding my bag a bit tighter, watching as he got up out of his seat.

You could tell he was pretty tall while sitting down, but much taller than I expected. He nudges me towards the front exit.

"My car's this way."

____________