Ch. 14 Finals pt.2

Don't forget to vote!! <33

——————————

He just scoffed at me and leaned back in his seat, continuing to pick his teeth with his pencil. Which probably wasn't even his. I just sighed and waited for Professor Knight to begin speaking as he got situated at the front of the class.

—-

The light chatter from all of the monsters slowly quieted as Professor Knight began to talk. His desk had been moved to face the front of the amphitheater . "Today's final will judge your ability to assess a child's fear, and preform the appropriate scare, in the scare simulator," he said as he slowly walked towards the front of the class with his hands behind his back.
As he made it to the front of the class he signaled towards the stage as he talked and the large wooden wall that enclosed it was lifted up by its metal mechanism. There was the faint sounds of metal scrapping on each other, along with the faint hum of electricity until the inside of the stage was complete revealed, a faint thud from the mechanisms sudden halt could be heard, making my antennae twitch as they picked up on every small sound. Everyone gasped as they peered inside the newly revealed room.
The inside walls of the room were painted pink, contrasting off the brown hardwood floor. There was a fake window with a couple of miscellaneous objects scattered around simulating and normal child's room, but what really caught everyones attention was the small robot hidden in the thick pink sheets in the bed to the left of the room. The small robot obvious built to resemble a child.

Professor Knight walked up the steps of the stage over to the bed the robotic child laid in. He lifted the pink sheets, revealing a control panel hidden on the side of the bed, preparing to explain how it worked. Opening the panel with a slight creek, he fiddled with some of the switches on the inside, raising then all up the a medium level. "The child's
sensitivity will be raised, from bed wetter, to heavy sleeper," He stated as he locked the panel shut, and stood up from his crouched position, "So give it everything you've got."

There were murmurs coming from all of the students as they talked to each other about the set up of the finals in hushed whispers. I looked over at Sully in curiosity, who was sporting a very intense look. He gazed at the stage with furrowed brows and a face that seemed deep in thought. I suppose he's lucky the final isn't a written test, since he hasn't studied at all. I rolled my eyes at the thought and brought my attention back to Professor Knight whilst twirling a long piece of fur around my neck.

"Dean Hardscrabble is with us this morning," Professor Knight continued and Hardscrabble creeped forwards from the statues surrounding the classroom, "To see who will be moving on in the scaring program, and who will not, let's get started."

Professor Knight went and sat down at his wooden desk once he finished talking and the classroom broke out in light chatter once again. No one really moved from their seat, not knowing what to expect. A few seconds later someones name was called and a tall green monster with spikes emerging from his head shuffled out of his seat and onto the stage. As he stood on the center of the stage a bright light was illuminated, temporarily blinding him as his eyes refocused. I had to fight myself to pay attention to the final and not the bright light blinding the poor green monster. Stupid moth instincts.

"Let's get started, I am a five year old girl, I'm afraid of spiders and Santa Clause, which scare do you use?" Professor Knight quizzed as he held up the child's folder for the monster to see.
The green monster's eyes darted around nervously, as if the answer would magically come to him. He flinched at the sounds of flapping and a shadow passing over his figure as Dead Hardscrabble flew overhead and settled on the inside balcony at the stained glass window on the inside of the domed roof.
He stammered for a little as he eyed her and answered, "Uhh, it's a seasonal creep and crawl?"
Professor Knight squinted his eyes slightly, a hard expression on his face, "Demonstrate."