Ch.8 Flow

And with that he left, shutting the door behind him. I let out a big yawn and stretched my arms up above my head. I opened up one of my suitcases and pulled put out my blanket, not bothering to dress the bed before my nap. I wrapped myself up and collapsed on the bed. Must've been exhausted because I feel asleep in no time.

—-

I woke up about an hour later, the sun surprisingly not being what woke me as my curtains were drawn. Had someone been in my room? My curtains were wide open when I fell asleep...

I lifted up my phone to my face, the bright light momentarily blinding me, the time read 4 pm. Damn that was a good nap, hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep tonight. Probably not. Anyways I laid in bed and started stretching my body. I arched my back, splaying my wings out as both my legs started shaking from the good stretch.
Afterwards I sat up and scratched an itch I had on the fur around my neck right under my chin. I checked my phone one last time to see a couple of messages from Sully, asking if I'd done the homework for Professor Knight. I rolled my eyes and shoved my phone in the pocket of my letterman jacket and get up to go to the bathroom.

After answering natures call and giving my fur a once over I decided it's best to finish setting up my room before going to check up on everybody. Hopefully they left me some cake. It was for me in the first place wasn't it?

I left the bathroom and opened up all of my suitcases. I got my bedsheets on my bed surprisingly with minimal struggle and since my clothes were already folded when I threw them into my suitcase so putting them into the my dresser wasn't that bad. Obviously hoodies and jackets went hanged up in the closet.
I then emptied out the boxes and put everything in its respective spots, leaving any posters I had for later since I forgot to buy extra stuff to hang it with.

I stepped back letting out a sigh as I glanced around the room. Looked pretty organized but still kind of plain. I mean, that's to be expected since I haven't even been at uni for that long.

I decided it was time to head downstairs and see who's down there. Opening my door I winced slightly at the hallway lighting. While unpacking I had only turned on a desk lamp instead of opening the windows. But me being the moth I am, bright lights never really bothered me.

I walked down the red carpeted hallway till I could hear the sound of people downstairs. Heading down the stairs I could see most of the guys sitting in the living room watching a baseball game on the large flat screen tv. I let out another yawn as I found a seat next to Johnny who seemed to be super absorbed in the game.

"Morning sleepy head," Chet said from the other end of the couch.
"Morning," I said in a deep scratchy voice, then clearing my throat of the uncomfortable feeling.
Johnny flinched from next to be, seemingly startled at my sudden appearance next to him.
"Oh hey Koda," Johnny said glancing at me, the slight smell of alcohol coming off of his breath, "didn't realize you came down."
He quickly did a double take and chuckled to himself as he brought his hand up to smooth out a tuff of hair on my hair I must've missed earlier. I looked down at the drink he was holding and he looked to be drinking some brand of cheap beer. Johnny followed my gaze down to his drink, "Oh you want one? Javier's in the kitchen I can yell at him to bring you one," he offered politely.

I thought about it for a second. I mean, I've drink before with my parents, I'm an adult for Pete's sake what's the worst that could happen?
"Sure I'll take one," I said with a shrug.
Johnny then shouted at Javier to bring another drink when he was done in the kitchen receiving a sure in return. I looked at the game that they were watching and it was the Crawlers versus the Screechers. They're pretty big in the baseball world so I've seen a couple of their games last season with my dad. He was a big Crawler's fan. Insisting they had some of the best batters that he's ever seen but I was never into it enough to form a valid opinion. Only really did it to spend time with him you know?