vii -

CHAPTER SEVEN
vii. ( the only way I know how to breath. )

tw: sexual content

tw: sexual content

NETEYAM HAD TRACED THE figures of the large figures Kew'Itan had drawn in the walls of his cave, glowing a subtle blue in the light. He remembered the soft smile the other boy had while he told the tales of their spirit brothers, so Neteyam knew what Lo'ak was talking about.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"I wish I'd been there," Kiri sighed dreamily "the ocean blessed you with a gift brother."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Ao'nung bent to their height, his older brother had been standing between him and Neteyam listening intently to the story, with no expression visible aside from the calm smile he always bore.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"The tulkun have not returned yet." Ao'nung sent a glance to his brother, Kew only turned his head to look at the ocean, pensive "And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Well this one was."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Lo'ak turned to Tsireya "He had a missing fin, like a stump. On the left side."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Poor Tulkun." Neteyam heard Tuk coo sadly.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The four metkayina shifted on their spot immediately, Kew had turned to him with barren eyes.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Are you sure?" The boy stepped in front of Neteyam's brother crouching down to look at him in the eyes.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Lo'ak nodded surely "Is there something wrong?"

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Tsireya ears flattened against her scalp and pressed a hand against one of his arms "Payakan."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎She repeated the same name again, this time turning to her siblings.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Who's Payakan?"

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"A young bull who went rogue." Rotxo explained "He's outcast. Alone. And he has a missing fin."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"They say he is a killer." Tsireya murmured to Lo'ak.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"He is." Kew cut in "He killed na'vi and other tulkun."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Not here..." Ao'nung specified "But far to the south."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"No," Lo'ak protested "he's no killer."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"You are lucky to be alive."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Neteyam sent a look to Kew, the other to preoccupied with his thoughts to even notice. He frowned and stood up.