i -

CHAPTER ONE
i. ( in spite of my clenched fist. )

THE AIR TASTED BITTER, it tasted bitter since Neteyam mounted his ikran with the rest of his family and set off to find a new home that didn't put their lives in danger

THE AIR TASTED BITTER, it tasted bitter since Neteyam mounted his ikran with the rest of his family and set off to find a new home that didn't put their lives in danger. Nala, the banshee he had named, huffed when they reprised their journey after their short break to let them rest and eat. He's pretty sure she's feeling the same as him.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎He sent a look at his father leading their group, he still had the hold over the guns they had stolen from the sky people. His hands twitched at the memory of the feeling the weapon gave him.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎He yawned again and took a bite of a fruit that he took from his satchel, he wasn't particularly hungry but a look from his mother made him happily eat it before she got too angry.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"You good?" Lo'ak, his younger brother, sent him a look as he flew by his side.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Kiri was flying in front of him, like Lo'ak should have been because their father said Neteyam should be the last one of the group so his younger siblings couldn't fly away distracted on a moment's notice. But Lo'ak never really listened to their father, a trait they both shared.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Yeah." he nodded with his reply and stared at the scenery in front of him.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Lo'ak gave him a look like he didn't believe him, eyes squinting and an eyebrow raised. Neteyam simply rolled his eyes and made the banshee he was on slow down so he could fall back and be alone.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The sky was turning orange when his father pointed at a group of islands in the distance and sped up, the rest of his family keeping up with him until they were greeted by the hollers of the metkayina.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The metkayina clan was a secluded group of Na'vi, that considered themselves peaceful and only provided weapons for the war seventeen years ago, aside from that Neteyam knew practically nothing.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Be nice." His father warned them with a glare as he jumped down from his ikran, holding his arms in the air to show that he wasn't holding a weapon (aside from the dagger strapped to his chest).

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Neteyam and Lo'ak sent each other a glance as they followed their parents forwards. They brought a hand to their temples in greeting when a couple of boys passed them, they ignored them choosing to just stare instead.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The two boy's shoulders tensed when another one joined, taller than them both, he was probably a bit shorter than Neteyam's father.