EPILOGUE

ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴀ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴏʀᴇ

❝ I WOULD KNOW HIM IN DEATH,

I WOULD KNOW HIM IN DEATH,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Neteyam's eyes flutter open again, he doesn't have to look around to know that he's back in the rivers where he fished countless times before. He's back home.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎He looks down and almost starts to cry when he sees Kew'Itan under him, arms lazily placed over his shoulders as he watches him, concerned and loving.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎He looks so wonderful splayed out on the forest's floor with the tips of his hair wet by the fresh water running under them.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"You spaced out for so long, are you okay?" The other boy runs a hand over the small healed cuts that paint his shoulders, he almost can't feel the subtle sting concentrating so much over the fact that Kew's hand is burning with life.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Yeah," he mumbles and presses their foreheads together, bringing him closer "I missed you."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Kew's ears twitch adorably "I missed you too?"

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The boy brushes his fingers under Neteyam's eyes, drying away fallen tears with a gentleness that only he possesses "Why are you crying?"

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"I just want you."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Kew responds to his kiss after a brief moment, wrapping his arms around his neck to hold him close.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"I'm yours."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Neteyam is unworthy of everything, of the hands that are placed on his chest as a support.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"I'm sorry." He murmurs once, against the turquoise skin of his beloved.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎He's unworthy to witness the softest of flowers bloom under his touch.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Kew doesn't protest, allowing him to maneuver him in a way where his body is half lift off the ground.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"I'm so sorry." He repeats a second time, leaving kisses every time he hears the steady beat on the chest of his mate.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Neteyam.." Kew calls him, like his name was always meant to be his to say. And it is. Only his.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎He isn't crying anymore but the other still runs his delicate lips over his eyes like he is, grounding him in the moment.