I cant watch.

I wake up, still groggy from a good nights sleep. I yawn and ... smoke... 'EEERRRR EEERRRRR EEERRR' the loud fire sirens go off and I ran out my room. I follow the other people and help the trampled people off the ground. When I got outside some people were carrying the injured out. The building was destroyed and falling apart. My brain focuses more and I immediately start looking for Leilani "Leilani? Leilani?" I turn and see Myja "Myja!" I scream she turns toward me and we hug. My throat start up a coughing fit and my eyes got foggy, someone runs up to me and hands me water. The water was lukewarm and went down easily "you ok Alice?" Myja asks with worry followed by me nodding slowly. "Leilani where is sh-" I start coughing again my through making a rolling noise each time. "Where is she?" I say between coughs, somehow she makes it out "I don't know but, I'm sure she'll come up." I sure hope so, I guzzle down the rest of my water and start watching for Leilani.

        I see some more people run out with a stretcher. Leilani? I run over and focus more upon hearing her piercing screams. I come up to the stretcher which was now on the ground I hold her hand as she let out pouding loud screams and crys. "Alice, it hurts." She tells me and I just now notice the already scabbing burns on her face, arms, and legs. "ALICE MAKE IT STOP" no no no not another. "Hold on Leilani be strong." She screams and cry's more and it clicks to me, if her senses are... pain it hurts more to her. She'll be ok... "I want my mama Alice.." she says as her eyes get heavier. Some doctors walk over "please move ma'am." They take her and I'm left on my knees, I don't know what I was waiting for, sitting there with tears gracefully rolling down my cheeks, peace? But that was far from now the building falling apart and turning to ash. Myja comes and sits herself down next to me "the other side does stuff like this, it's not abnormal." "Other side?" Her face turns towards me and she seems confused. "The other side, you don't know?" I shake my head. "Their like the opposite of us, worse , way worse." She shivers a bit while saying it. "They, killed Leilani." "Mhm" I stare to the ground , this place makes a lot more sense. "When this happens they get cremated, sent to the sea." "And why would you do that?" She shrugs her tear stained cheeks dropping a bit lower. "I was just thinking that you would, y know wanna spread them yourself , no one really knew her that much." I nod my head getting really tired "we're all setting up a camp, come over when your ready." I'll never be ready , ever. I want momma, it's been a long while since I've called her that. When dad died and mom went cold I stopped calling her that, didn't seem like she cared that much.

        I walk over to the camp legs wobbling , I see Myja coming over "hey we share a tent it's not the best but , y know the building burnt down tonight..." ok... umm very subtle approach there. "I'm not gonna complain I'm just glad I get a safe place to sleep tonight." I situated my self and tried to fall asleep with the sounds of people wheezing, crying , and barfing outside the tent. "It'll be ok Alice , I swear." I hear Myja tell me "she's the second person I've lost this year Myja... I feel like I've turned into a bad omen , you meet me and ur doomed , my dad , best friend , and now." That spilled out of me like an oil spill waiting to catch fire. "Ok" I sit up and turn towards her "give me your hands" she sits herself up and l conjure up a ball of stardust bright and glorious lighting up the room.

 "Ok" I sit up and turn towards her "give me your hands" she sits herself up and l conjure up a ball of stardust bright and glorious lighting up the room

"Beautiful" she says as I place it in her hands. I nod and enjoy , the peace? Myja, was somehow giving me peace in this moment. Been a long while since I've felt it. She places it one the ground and it scatters into nothingness again. "Thank you Myja" "for what?" "It's hard to explain." She nods and heads to sleep, me following soon after.

        It was a week after the disaster and I was heading out to spread Leilani's ashes in the sea. Apparently I needed someone to protect me from the other sides' spies , so I chose Elix. In the strange car we were in he spoke up "Um- I-I am sorry , about Leilani... I know I don't now you that well but, I could tell you meant something to her." I stare at the ground and nod. My lips feel as if they've been sewn together. The sun was close to setting and I stared out the window at the growing sunset. "We're here." The driver says. "Woah," I'm at a loss for words as I stare at the open wide sea, the sunset reflects of the water.  The driver hands me her ashes and I hold her close the my heart getting closer , closer , and closer to the dock. Deep breaths , deep breaths. I open the tiny box then slowly spread them tears slowly falling down my cheeks. When I finished I hear footsteps behind me then feel a hand on my shoulder "you've got an hour left, take your time Alice." Elix tells me and I cup my face with my hands and cry like a baby. Just like Ellie. I look up and see the sunset slowly turn blue-ish black. "She never told me her favorite color, or her favorite food." "No different is sadness to pain, both sting in the same way Alice." I guess he's right , but this isn't what he's talking about.

" I guess he's right , but this isn't what he's talking about