12: Relics and Malfunctions

I cautiously looked around as I tracked the relic cooridants. It has been a few weeks since we got the full database, and now I was out on my own tracking down one of the relics. I hated being by myself.

'Where the slag are you?' I thought to myself, not liking how quiet it was. My audials twitched on my helm, flicking around like a cat trying to pinpoint a certain sound. I then saw something glint in a nearby river. Curiously, I dove into the cool water, sinking to the bottom. I gazed about the riverbed, the silt kicking up in dense plumes. Then I saw it again. I knelt down and brushed away the silt. Buried in the soggy earth was a small relic pod.

'Bingo.' I thought as I yanked it from the mud. I carefully pried it open, inside was a strange looking blue gear. I took the gear out and placed it in my subspace, filling the capsule with silt in case a Decepticon came looking for it and re-sealing it. I then clambered out of the water, soaked and slightly cold. Instinctively, I shook my frame off like a dog, my wings and tail flicking water off.

"Valkryrie to base, I got the relic. Dunno what it is." I said through the comlink. "Gonna need a bridge asap." Shortly after I closed the link, the familiar swirl of a ground bridge opened, and I ran on through back to the base.

"What happened to you?" Arcee asked in disbelief. Ratchet looked up from his work and was also in shock.

"Had to take a dive for this." I said, placing the odd gear on a workstation. My frame shivered slightly, the cold water still chilling me.

"Optimus, what do you make of this?" Ratchet asked. Optimus looked over at the gear curiously, a glint of recognition in his optics.

"I believe this is a Mul-T-Cog. It is able to give its user the ability to have 3 forms."

"How does it work?" I asked curiously.

"I believe you attach it to yourself where your T-cog would normally sit, and it will activate itself. Unfortunately, there isn't much information on the device." I curiously picked it up and hovered it over my waist. Instantly, the cog is attached to me and shifted into my frame. I let out a yelp of surprise, and my wings shifted forms along with my tail, becoming flush with my body. I blinked in confusion.

"What just happened?" I deadpanned.

"You got your ability to transform back!" Ratchet exclaimed.

"I.... slag, it's been a long time. I-i don't remember how to do it." I shyly said.

"I can assist with that." Ratchet said. After hours of him drilling me like a damn sparkling, I finally managed to release my wings and tail again. Then a thought occurred, and I focused on shifting to Ragnarök. My frame lurched forward, and I became the beast, granted it was fairly small compared to how they originally were. In this form, I stood half as tall as Ratchet.  Ratchet stared at me in awe.

"Valkryrie? How....how did you...?" I shrugged. I nuzzled him with my helm, Ratchet snorting in amusement.

"Whoa, RATCHET HAS A DRAGON GIRLFRIEND!" Miko exclaimed. I snorted at her in amusement, shifting back.

"I think I can get used to this." I chuckled.

--------------------
'Me and my big fat intake!' I thought as I ran in my beast mode, my wings badly damaged, forcinging me to stay to the ground. I desperately tried to transform as I was chased by the vehicons, but nothing was working!

"Get back here!" One of the vehicons yelled.

'Scrap scrap scraaaaap!' I thought in a panic, skidding to a halt at a cliff. I was cornered, he vehicons closing in on me.

"Here beasty beasty beasty." One of the vehicons sneered. I tried to look menacing to them by growling, my audials pinned back, and my sharp denta bared. "You aren't scaring us." I opened my maw and snapped at the vehicon, gripping his servo in my intake. I shook the vehicon back and forth, tossing it to the side and slapping the others with my tail. I then darted away from the cliff to run helm first into Megatron. The warlord towered over me, instinct telling me to shrink back.

"What do we have here?"

'Does....does he not recognize me?' I thought.

"Lord Megatron! That's the beast we have been chasing. It was stalking around the mine, and we gave chase." One of the uninjured vehicons said.

'Wait, they truly don't know who I am! I could use this to my advantage! But... how the slag am I gonna get out of this one? I can't call the base in this form, nor can I talk!' I thought, slowly backing away. 'Think think! They don't know you are you.' I let out a small whine and stumbled, my wings hurting badly. Megatron curiously knelt down near me, holding his servo out. I decided to play along with the beast act and cautiously sniffed it, flinching when I saw a vehicon move.

"Easy there, no one is going to hurt you." Megatron said, and odd softness in his voice. I let him gently pat my helm, a purr leaving me. "You are a feirce creature, yet so gentle. I think with some training you will make a fine attack beast."

'In your dreams, buckethelm.' I thought but continued to play along. A ground bridge opened, and Megatron gestured for me to follow him.

"Lord Megatron, may I ask what that is?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I curiously looked over to see a bulky blue seeker with golden details looking over to me.

"Dreadwing, I want you to meet our newest acquisition." I curiously sniffed the seeker's servo, Dreadwing flinching. I gave a curious chirp at his reaction. "I believe it wants you to pet it." Dreadwing hesitated but then gently scratched behind my audials. I gave a happy trill at the attention, deep down knowing I was playing them like a piano.

----------
A/n, so I should mention the Mul-T-Cog is a reference to rescue bots academy and it was kinda something I thought of on the fly.